Fifth Roond Dra'

jamamafegan

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The closest bar to the ground is an excellent, bin pub. Factor in the cross-country travelling via Edinburgh and it's a credible day out once per season.

There aren't any genuine Wickesque trips left; although our earlier stomp all over the pointless hamlet of Beith was worth getting a few boring ties later IMO.

The lack of a nearby train station detracts from it somewhat, if you're going by public transport the last leg is a bus/taxi which is pish.

Hello 5th Round thread, not often it's relevant for us Accies fans to post in this!

On the old 'want them away as I've never been' choice that would be East Fife as the only team left in the draw - been everywhere else.

On a best chance to make the quarters - again East Fife would do or the winners of the replays between Stirling/Clyde & Ayr/Queen's Park.

Accies don't do cup runs so fully expect to get one of the OF away.

If Queen's Park get through against Ayr, them at Hampden please. Not had the chance to see us play QP there so would like that. At the same token, I may well slash my wrists if we were to play Ayr in the cup yet again.

Failing that, Stirling Albion or Clyde. Preferably at home but an away tie would suit me too.

40 minutes ago, Larbert_Par said:

. At the same token, I may well slash my wrists if we were to play Ayr in the cup yet again.

A lot of folks would feel the same. Would also be the same for me with St Mirren. We seem to play them every year in one of the cups and we have already drawn them this year in the League and Challenge cups.

However the chances of us getting through aren't that great so I could end up not giving a toss :(

1 hour ago, Derlei said:

Anyone but Celtic.

In terms of progression, it's the same for everyone. A good pay day and cheerio. Particularly bad for us as we'd lose the excellent Lindsay and Nisbett while we also don't have quitongo or Shankland. Celtic at Cappielow could be a messy end to our home record.

Archived