Fifth Roond Dra'

jamamafegan

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

No, he really wasn't. He was a total embarrassment to himself and just drummed it in further that Scottish football is a joke.

This. The Scottish Cup draw is meant to be a serious occasion and is a big thing for some folk. Can't imagine the English FA or media would be best pleased if a half pished Liam Gallagher turned up to do the FA Cup draw...

I don't think Scottish football was embarrassed (although it might have been an idea to explain which ball was 6 and which was 9 prior to commencing).

Stewart clearly embarrassed himself. Not just with how drunk he was but by how amused he seemed to be at his own tedious antics.

What amazes me is people saying "Rod was amazing!" or "he was hilarious!" Hilarious for doing what? Shouting numbers at the camera? How is that hilarious? It's utterly dreadful banter. The cup dra' is one of the most exciting moments for most football fans in this country. So we can only assume the folk who thought it was amazing and hilarious are the sad sacks who watched their team get pumped out of the cup and couldn't give a rats arse about the dra' itself.

Hearts v Hibs is almost certainly going to be Sky's first pick.

It then hinges on the BBC - if they take Celtic v Inverness, then Sky will take Sevco v Morton; if the BBC take Ross County v Aberdeen, Sky will take Celtic.

18 minutes ago, The Master said:

Hearts v Hibs is almost certainly going to be Sky's first pick.

It then hinges on the BBC - if they take Celtic v Inverness, then Sky will take Sevco v Morton; if the BBC take Ross County v Aberdeen, Sky will take Celtic.

Can't see our game NOT being on the TV. We are playing well at the moment, fear no-one and would give anyone a game, and I think that our game against Rangers would be a better game than Celtic v ICT. Bigger chance of an upset IMO.

The Edinburgh derby is definitely the tie of the round for those who regularly follow Scottish football, but if you think that is Sky's target audience then you haven't really been watching the Andy Walker narrated, Old Firm obsessed mess that they've been producing for years. Celtic v Inverness has a storyline to pitch to the morons who don't understand that they've played each other 40 times since.

I'm not convinced though that the BBC's 'pick' is entirely independent from Sky's choices. It suits BBC Scotland in the interest of saving face and Sky for commercial interests to conveniently have the Sevco game as Sky's automatic third choice pick in every round of games, within reason. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Sky take both OF games and the BBC show the Edinburgh derby. 

28 minutes ago, virginton said:

The Edinburgh derby is definitely the tie of the round for those who regularly follow Scottish football, but if you think that is Sky's target audience then you haven't really been watching the Andy Walker narrated, Old Firm obsessed mess that they've been producing for years. Celtic v Inverness has a storyline to pitch to the morons who don't understand that they've played each other 40 times since.

I'm not convinced though that the BBC's 'pick' is entirely independent from Sky's choices. It suits BBC Scotland in the interest of saving face and Sky for commercial interests to conveniently have the Sevco game as Sky's automatic third choice pick in every round of games, within reason. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Sky take both OF games and the BBC show the Edinburgh derby. 

Sky picked the Edinburgh Derby first in R5 last season and there's absolutely no reason to think they wouldn't do the same this time. Plus, with two picks, Sky know they can take the Edinburgh derby and still have one of the cheeks to fawn over.  

It's also highly likely that both halves of the Old Firm will be in the next round, and a home tie for Sevco would allow Sky to show both again by default.

I take your point about the BBC's pick being influenced by what they think Sky will pick third. If Sevco are live on Sky, then it means the BBC can do live commentary and extended highlights without needing to set foot inside Ibrox. That might steer them towards Celtic. But Sky won't make their picks (especially their first pick) based on what's best for the BBC. 

Archived