Scores

superbigal

If it was 50/50 why were Talbot given a free kick. The winner for me was the neanderthal in the shed that goaded Willie Lyle to come for the ball and then threw it away with seconds left on the clock. The look on the Beith players faces was a sight to see. Maybe if Beith had stuck to their statement of no alcohol in the ground then this puddle drinker wouldn't have been that inebriated he would have knew his act of stupidity wasn't helping his team! Well done Talbot best team of the day. Best laugh was when the Talbot fans started singing "we're only feart from Kilbirnie"

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, pheasant plucker said:

IMHO a draw was going to be the outcome at Bellsdale clash with sides pretty much cancelling each other out. Talbot set up a defensive high line to counter Beith's forwards and their own mainly high ball attacks were dealt with well by the home defence. Midfield tussle ensued.
Beith penalty looked stonewall with defender lunging into late tackle in box - pen resulted - half decent save half poor pen.
Clear offside leading to Talbot last min pen with slow motion situ - ref and young linesman in front of Talbot dugout - all waiting for each other to flag or blow and neither did. Talbot player eventually drove on with all players stopped - to be brought down.
Talbot prob shaded possession with Beith better chances and Bot keeper made a few crucial saves. Ironically Beith keeper's only real action was in controversial last minute.

Eh, Beith penalty? A clearance charged down by a Beith player outstretched hands (the two of them) which subsequently fell to the player who was brought down. As for the clear offside, nothing clear about it in the video, in fact Wilson looked on when he began his run. As I said, Beith were always dangerous because they have good players and know how to play on their difficult pitch. But it was Talbot who sustained pressure and possession, although I grant you never got a lot on target until the clincher. Tight game right enough, better team won on the day. 

23 hours ago, kenny131 said:

Very patronising post but fully expected from yourself, no need really as very little created by both teams in the game and nothing between the teams at all. Today was Talbot turn to edge it, there will be many more big game battles between the sides in the years. I,m just happy were up there winning trophys and challenging.

Patronising? Moi? Think you have the wrong man there K. Perhaps your smarting from realising your prophecy of retaining the cup was, shall we say, a bit ambitious! 

Sheridan brings his hands in front of his body to protect himself. It not a natural position and totally deliberate. Its a stonewall free kick.

Also surprised nothing has been said about how easy the Beith player goes down in the box under very minimal contact.

As for the Talbot penalty, the linesman couldn't be better placed. I refuse to believe he got it wrong. The video doesn't show where the Beith right back is, as its only a few yards inside the Beith half and the play switches so quickly its possible he a few yards further back

Archived