Scores

superbigal

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Quantum Leap said:

It was a stonewaller and we missed that one

Always seems to happen in football when teams miss a great chance to put a penalty away miss then get punished late on..Hopefully the team take it on the chin and bounce straight back...perfect fixture for us next week local derby

Folk on here were tipping Meadow to win it as well. Never saw it happening personally but they should have been getting past Carluke. 

Well done to Rovers though. Big scalp.

I didn't see any Meadow fans tipping us to win it! We went down to ten men after 13 minutes and just didn't take our chances we had to at least get a goal. Was a wonder strike to win it so fair play to Carluke. A draw which was looking likely for 87 mins and I would have been okay with that as would have been confident at Meadow Park v Carluke but a whole new team from last season and young management team who are all giving their all for Meadow. Tough one to take today though.

38 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

Always seems to happen in football when teams miss a great chance to put a penalty away miss then get punished late on..Hopefully the team take it on the chin and bounce straight back...perfect fixture for us next week local derby

A very good Talbot like performance today deservedly putting the holders out in their own patch. Beith were always in it but never sustained any possession bar a 5 min period second half. Tale of two penalties, Beith missing first one with big Andy pulling off a good save. Have to say I thought the ball came off a Beith hand when it broke to the player who was then fouled. Talbot dominated the first half without scoring, thought with the hill advantage Beith would do the same second half but never happened. A changed Talbot line up worked their socks off and got the break near the end. Stephen Wilson, MOM for me, kept calm and put it away. Can't see Beith having any complaints, the harder working and more hungry side won today. 

9 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

A very good Talbot like performance today deservedly putting the holders out in their own patch. Beith were always in it but never sustained any possession bar a 5 min period second half. Tale of two penalties, Beith missing first one with big Andy pulling off a good save. Have to say I thought the ball came off a Beith hand when it broke to the player who was then fouled. Talbot dominated the first half without scoring, thought with the hill advantage Beith would do the same second half but never happened. A changed Talbot line up worked their socks off and got the break near the end. Stephen Wilson, MOM for me, kept calm and put it away. Can't see Beith having any complaints, the harder working and more hungry side won today. 

Blatant offside prior to penalty. Lino shitting himself as he stood on the bye line.

1 minute ago, lonewolfie said:

Blatant offside prior to penalty. Lino shitting himself as he stood on the bye line.

Blatant hand ball prior to Beith penalty, suppose it's even then. One thing for sure, best team on the day won. 

Archived