Biggest Tear Jerkers

RadgerTheBadger

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my best mates (and a fellow metalhead) died after a battle with cancer at the ripe old age of 30. When he was ill he said the lyrics of this song made so much sense to him and what it was like waking up every morning.

I try avoid listening to it. Fucking gets me every time.

2 hours ago, paranoid android said:

That bit in Cloudbusting by Kate Bush where they burst into the 'Yeah, yeah, yay-yo' chorus gets me every time - I find that incredibly powerful and moving for some reason. :bairn

That's one of my top Kate Bush songs & that part leaves me feeling the exact opposite, a exclamation of hope.

"This Woman's Work" on the other hand, no wonder so many charities love using it in their adverts - a guy begging his wife not to die.

24 minutes ago, WaffenThinMint said:

That's one of my top Kate Bush songs & that part leaves me feeling the exact opposite, a exclamation of hope.

"This Woman's Work" on the other hand, no wonder so many charities love using it in their adverts - a guy begging his wife not to die.

Absolutely - it's moving because it's uplifting.

I think you've read my mind over This Woman's Work - it's beautiful, but I can't listen to it - can't go there.

Archived