Taboo

HoBNob

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's pretty good. It's certainly caught my attention. I generally give BBC and HBO shows the benefit of the doubt and give them a full season. 

This one could go some spectacular places, or it could end up a damp squib.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought that episode was the best yet by far. Judging by the interest on here, the show doesn't seem to be that popular? If anyone's reading this and hasn't given it a go (perhaps because of its Saturday night airing?) then I highly recommend it.

This is a friend's theory but I'm pretty sure it's right so spoiler warning and all that:

So she said that James is a wendigo. I had no idea what that was but she's into all that macabre stuff. The wikipedia page says as such: "The wendigo may appear as a monster with some characteristics of a human, or as a spirit who has possessed a human being and made them become monstrous. It is historically associated with

cannibalism, murder, insatiable greed, and the cultural taboos against such behaviours "

Also, they are native to the great lakes region of USA and Canada - exactly where Nootka Sound is. Seems pretty accurate imo.

16 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Tom Hardy is a brilliant actor, this type of role suits him perfectly. 

Agreed.........loving the whole production...old London skylines...Thames etc.......Hardy is outstanding as are all the cast.

This is a friend's theory but I'm pretty sure it's right so spoiler warning and all that:
Also, they are native to the great lakes region of USA and Canada - exactly where Nootka Sound is. Seems pretty accurate imo.

Just to be picky but Nootka Sound is in BC, next to Vancouver, about 2000 miles away from the Great Lakes!!!

Didn't we see a map at some point showing it on the north east coast?

Yes we did but it was the North West Coast, tea route from China was mentioned as well!!!

12 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Just to be picky but Nootka Sound is in BC, next to Vancouver, about 2000 miles away from the Great Lakes!!!

Ha. I think, to be honest, that's my bad more than hers.

Archived