Keeper question for Hibs fans

I seen highlights of a game at celtic park recently where Jim Leighton, playing for Hibs, got a bad facial injury and still came back on as there was no sub keeper (Darren Jackson deputised for a bit and gifted an equaliser), Jim looked pretty damned good in that game.

I always forget Leighton had a good spell at Hibs but do remember him playing there, however I have no recollection of Goram playing for Hibs.
For those of you who are old enough to have witnessed both playing for Hibs, who would you rate highest?
Purely for their spell with Hibs that is - ignoring any previous / future performances with other clubs (including dead ones) or the national team.

Leighton was class for us and we got him back into the Scotland squad before he fecked off back to Aberdeen and we got left with Bryan Gunn who was also decent before he got injured.  Goram was on a different level though saved us in many many games when I first started going. 

1 hour ago, Wee Sandy said:

Tommy "The Cat" Younger was the man!!

Giving my age away here but he was an automatic choice in the 50's.

You also had the Famous Five in those days, helluve team.

I meant to say, automatic choice for the Scottish National team, as well as the Hibees!!

4 hours ago, Wee Sandy said:

Tommy "The Cat" Younger was the man!!

Giving my age away here but he was an automatic choice in the 50's.

You also had the Famous Five in those days, helluve team.

Did he not play for Hibs the 1st time they won the cup?

Bryan Gunn!!  Bloody hell!  I forgot he was with you too. I have no memory of that at all.  (I blame beer)

One of Alex McLeish's first signings, McLeish came in a month too late to save us from relegation

Bryan Gunn had a great spell but got an injury in the following pre-season and never played again. After weeks on end of suffering Oli Letsgoalsin making a horses arse of things Chris Reid took the gloves for a few weeks until Eck came in. One game that sticks out is a 1-0 win at Easter Road, Gunn was absolutely superb

Another thing that sticks out about Bryan Gunn is was like Budgie he had his own goalie tops

There's some useless information for you

14 hours ago, RadgerTheBadger said:

One of Alex McLeish's first signings, McLeish came in a month too late to save us from relegation

Bryan Gunn had a great spell but got an injury in the following pre-season and never played again. After weeks on end of suffering Oli Letsgoalsin making a horses arse of things Chris Reid took the gloves for a few weeks until Eck came in. One game that sticks out is a 1-0 win at Easter Road, Gunn was absolutely superb

Another thing that sticks out about Bryan Gunn is was like Budgie he had his own goalie tops

There's some useless information for you

I remember McLeish taking over.
His Hibs side came up to Inverness for our 'keeper Jimmy Calder's testimonial game (I travelled up from London for that game), we were flying high in the 2nd division along with Livvy (although we didn't buy our way there!) and Hibs were strolling the 1st division.

Sad that I can remember Oli Gatskalsson but I can't remember Bryan Gunn or the flying pig playing for you!

38 minutes ago, KingBeastie said:

I remember McLeish taking over.
His Hibs side came up to Inverness for our 'keeper Jimmy Calder's testimonial game (I travelled up from London for that game), we were flying high in the 2nd division along with Livvy (although we didn't buy our way there!) and Hibs were strolling the 1st division.

Sad that I can remember Oli Gatskalsson but I can't remember Bryan Gunn or the flying pig playing for you!

Olly was after Gunn got injured..  I'm sure he got jailed randomly too. 

6 hours ago, Bambino7 said:

Olly was after Gunn got injured..  I'm sure he got jailed randomly too. 

Oli was number 1 for the majority of Jim Duffys tenure that season before McLeish came in. He was dropped for Chris Reid he had a mare in Duffys last game against met Motherwell where we were 2 up after 7 minutes or so and lost 6-2 and iirc he didn't cover himself in glory away to Aberdeen with Billy McNeill in charge

1 hour ago, RadgerTheBadger said:

Oli was number 1 for the majority of Jim Duffys tenure that season before McLeish came in. He was dropped for Chris Reid he had a mare in Duffys last game against met Motherwell where we were 2 up after 7 minutes or so and lost 6-2 and iirc he didn't cover himself in glory away to Aberdeen with Billy McNeill in charge

My bad, we must have signed Gunn after than then.  Reid replaced Leighton. 

Archived