P&B Bird Watch

RedRob72

• 1 month later...
This wee beauty was sitting in the garden this morning, think it's a buzzard?

7f93702b055825e7f1e56ca99d9cdb6d.jpg

Judging ( to scale) by the size of the swing she's perched on and the surrounding garden habitat, reckon it's a female Sparrowhawk mate![emoji6][emoji106]

• 3 months later...

I'm taking part in Birdwatch Ireland garden bird survey this year. Was surprised to see that 23 species have visited my garden in the last two weeks, that I've seen anyway. Seems a lot. How does it compare to your garden?

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, sugna said:

Bumping with a lifer from Loch Ore last weekend. I won't identify it, in case anyone wants to have the fun of naming the species.

5a85d21a32ddd_IMG_2345(2).thumb.JPG.869e82153353433c915b72d0a6a27890.JPG

Female Smew....a she-mew! Here's the male - took this down at Slimbridge in England a few years ago:

DSCF0011.JPG

Edited by Hillonearth

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/02/2018 at 00:48, tamthebam said:

Stenhousemuir starlings! 

Or to give them their scientific name, Stenny sturni.

A goldcrest in the woods at Norham, from last weekend. When I think of all the blurry pictures of twigs I had to take to get even this clear a shot. my admiration for wildlife photographers' skill and patience becomes even greater.

Goldcrest.jpg.19226914a1341fa6598bab461a399ba1.jpg

We had over a dozen species in the garden of the cottage where we were staying, and some of my favourites on the Tweed a couple of dozen yards away. It's a fine area.

4 hours ago, sugna said:

Or to give them their scientific name, Stenny sturni.

A goldcrest in the woods at Norham, from last weekend. When I think of all the blurry pictures of twigs I had to take to get even this clear a shot. my admiration for wildlife photographers' skill and patience becomes even greater.

Goldcrest.jpg.19226914a1341fa6598bab461a399ba1.jpg

We had over a dozen species in the garden of the cottage where we were staying, and some of my favourites on the Tweed a couple of dozen yards away. It's a fine area.

as the goldcrest is the smallest British bird you're luck to have seen the bugger at all! Good pic.