Clean Eating

ICTChris

• 2 weeks later...

"Clean eating" is a weird term for me. if you don't eat clean, then how DO you eat? it's just a matter of self-control and discipline. I rarely eat at home. I'd rather go someplace people cook good food that wasn't bouth in a store, especially a chain one. If you want to eat healthy, not "clean", you have to know the healthy places to eat. That's it, no phenomenon, just common sense.

3 hours ago, ViktorVic said:

"Clean eating" is a weird term for me. if you don't eat clean, then how DO you eat? it's just a matter of self-control and discipline. I rarely eat at home. I'd rather go someplace people cook good food that wasn't bouth in a store, especially a chain one. If you want to eat healthy, not "clean", you have to know the healthy places to eat. That's it, no phenomenon, just common sense.

Agreed. For me Clean Eating is a sales term, designed to make you think that eating certain foods outside of the diet is unclean or unhealthy.

The basic idea of whole (unprocessed) foods and veg, fruit etc making your own good food and knowing where it comes from is great but like all good ideas that people can make money out of, then come the personally designed diets that you pay £50 for and suddenly what you eat is a fashion, a statement and the whole thing has morphed into a "You are bad if you don't do this..."

I mean, bollocks to any diet that thinks making rice out of cauliflower or spiralising a courgette into pretend pasta is any way to live. Palm sugar is still sugar and I'm not going to feel unclean about eating a bloody Mars bar because someone tells me I am actually poisoning myself because sugar is a poison and you get addicted and all that. Fucking rubbish.

18 hours ago, Jambomo said:

I mean, bollocks to any diet that thinks making rice out of cauliflower or spiralising a courgette into pretend pasta is any way to live. Palm sugar is still sugar and I'm not going to feel unclean about eating a bloody Mars bar because someone tells me I am actually poisoning myself because sugar is a poison and you get addicted and all that. Fucking rubbish.

Exactly. It's paranioa and commerce, that's it. 

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 09:23, ICTJohnboy said:

I love the little note at the bottom of the Wetherspoons steak menu which states that these dishes are not suitable for vegetarians or vegans.

Prefectly suitable for vegetarians and vegans actually.

Just means they are not vegetarian or vegan anymore.

I am eating healthy at the moment. Well, I say healthy, but who knows.

I'm on muesli in the morning, soup for lunch. Usually something with lentils, chickpeas or canellini beans. Was doing stir fries at night but got bored of them. Have started eating the brown rice and pasta. I've pretty much cut out bread.

I have never duped a cancer patient. Not even a terminal one.

Decided to have a real go in the new year, not huge changes, just trying to cut out the crap, savouries/snacks etc. Large fruit smoothie and fruit and fibre cereal for breakfast instead of coffee and a bacon roll. Pasta/Salad at lunchtime at work then a proper meal in the evening. No red wine through the week, just sugar free fruit cordial or water. Do I feel better for it, aye perhaps I do. Next trick is to get more exercise, perhaps get the bike out of the garage.

Decided to have a real go in the new year, not huge changes, just trying to cut out the crap, savouries/snacks etc. Large fruit smoothie and fruit and fibre cereal for breakfast instead of coffee and a bacon roll. Pasta/Salad at lunchtime at work then a proper meal in the evening. No red wine through the week, just sugar free fruit cordial or water. Do I feel better for it, aye perhaps I do. Next trick is to get more exercise, perhaps get the bike out of the garage.

Sugar free fruit cordial? You know it causes cancer don't you? Worse than smoking 40 a day! Send me 50euro and I'll fix you right up

Sugar free fruit cordial? You know it causes cancer don't you? Worse than smoking 40 a day! Send me 50euro and I'll fix you right up

2 bottles of Cordial £3 a week, 40 fags a day £140 a week? Aye go on then send me your bank a/c and sort number, I'm sure I'll shift em down the pub.

Archived