Top 2 v Bottom 8

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Picking divisional teams based on seeing players in a few games on a snapshot basis is open to challenge. Based on what I have seen my Bottom 8 select would be :-

Cuthbert

Doyle M'Voto O Ware Russell

Forbes Lindsay Sibbald Stirling

Dobbie Oliver

1 hour ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Picking divisional teams based on seeing players in a few games on a snapshot basis is open to challenge. Based on what I have seen my Bottom 8 select would be :-

Cuthbert

Doyle M'Voto O Ware Russell

Forbes Lindsay Sibbald Stirling

Dobbie Oliver

Martin

Doyle --- Gunning --- O'Ware --- Russell

Forbes --- Lindsay --- Thomson --- Stirling or Hippolyte

Dobbie

Clark

Alan Martin looks the best of the opposition keepers, probably including the top two.

Not especially happy about picking an entirely Morton back line but it's probably the best defence outside Hibs. Gunning of course is no longer there so could be considered ineligible. In which case I'd go for maybe Balatoni.

Stirling and Hippolyte have both only really stood out in one game so unsure on the left. Forbes has to be in there, he's been brilliant against us (again). I didn't include Dom Thomas on the basis he's only had three games at this level but if he carries on as he's started he'd have to go in there and Forbes would move more centrally. I've included Joe Thomson though on the basis that he also stood out for Dumbarton before he joined us. I'd have had Stuart Carswell as a candidate too if his performance on Saturday is any indication to future form.

Dobbie and Clark pretty much picks itself to be honest.

If you included the top two the Tony Andreu would be in there somewhere. Cummings would replace Clark. Gray absolutely would replace Doyle. Possibly Stevenson for Russell? Maybe at least one of their centre backs, probably McGregor for Gunning. Some combination of McGinn, Bartley, McGeouch and Fyvie in the middle of the park probably.

Archived