Top 2 v Bottom 8

21 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

For sure Forbes, Lamie and the skinny weird looking Doode Nesbitt would be in any "best of the rest" side. As I said earlier play like they did second half yesterday they will not only catch DU but threaten the 2nd bottom Premiership club if they get that far.

Lamie doesn't even get in our full strength side, though he was superb on Saturday. He'd still get a game for Dundee United though.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The improvement in Lamie, Kilday and Oware over the last 2 years has been remarkable. All 3 are very decent defenders for this level.

Lamie at left back a year or two ago was horrendous but now I'm quite happy for him to pay there if Russell needs to be play further forward.

Jamie Lindsay is the best central midfielder in the league and should be the first name on anyone's team sheet. Andy Murdoch not far behind him!

Russell best left back and O'Ware and Forbes should be in it regardless.

Usually there are always bias in these especially with Morton fans, but barring a couple of hibs players there's not a player I can think of that I'd have ahead of many of the morton players this season.

"A couple of Hibs players" 

8 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Jamie Lindsay is the best central midfielder in the league and should be the first name on anyone's team sheet. Andy Murdoch not far behind him!

Russell best left back and O'Ware and Forbes should be in it regardless.

Usually there are always bias in these especially with Morton fans, but barring a couple of hibs players there's not a player I can think of that I'd have ahead of many of the morton players this season.

0/10. Must do better. 

"A couple of Hibs players" 
0/10. Must do better. 

We made hibs look like a junior side at cappielow in the last game, especially first half.

Our oldest player is 27 and the majoritt if our players are under 21 and with that comes a lack of consistency as a team, but rated individually talent wise the majority of our players are among the best in the league.

Just now, port-ton said:

We made hibs look like a junior side at cappielow in the last game, especially first half.

Our oldest player is 27 and the majoritt if our players are under 21 and with that comes a lack of consistency as a team, but rated individually talent wise the majority of our players are among the best in the league.

I genuinely wouldn't have a single Morton player at Hibs. 

Not the talented central defender with more goals than most strikers this season or the midfielder with 18 assists and 9 goals in 20 odd games?

5 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Not the talented central defender with more goals than most strikers this season or the midfielder with 18 assists and 9 goals in 20 odd games?

With McGregor/Hanlon we've only conceded 11 goals this season.   McGinn/Fyvie are two of the best central midfielders in the country. We'll be fine. 

Dont get me wrong, Morton have been very impressive this season. I just wouldn't take any of that team at Hibs over what we've got. 

Hibs are running away with the league for an obvious reason, namely that they have the best squad by a mile. There is a reasonable point to be made on Morton's midfield that we're so good there because everyone complements each other so well, therefore you can argue you wouldn't want to drop one of them to put a Hibs player in their place, but Hibs clearly have better players and for the purpose of a thread like this where you put together an XI from the whole division, it's clearly going to be dominated by Hibs.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I'm pretty surprised at how well Lamie is doing just now. I always remember watching him when we played Airdrie and thinking he was hopeless. Genuinely didn't think he'd be a top half Championship player but he seems to have improved greatly.

As are many Morton fans. He had a dreadful start at the club where he routinely got roasted at left back in League One and after he was dropped in favour of Mark Russell, he struggled to get a run of games at centre back. He was one a lot of people were surprised to see get a new deal the summer after we won League One, with many fans, myself included, thinking Duffy was being far too loyal to players who'd struggled in League One. We quickly looked daft on that with the transformation in many just over that summer, particularly Lee Kilday, but Lamie has really improved this season compared to last.

Speaking as one of Duffy's biggest critics in the past, he's done a fantastic job in realising the potential of these players and helping them develop. Delighted to look like a fanny for all my previous criticisms of him.

1 hour ago, port-ton said:

Made us look like a junior side on your way to a 1-1 draw. Congratulations sir.

4 hours ago, Zing. said:

Don't talk pish.

Mark russell (lb)

Ross forbes and jamie lindsay (rm/cm)

Gary oliver (10)

Would stroll into your current hibs team.

6 minutes ago, Gmfc 23 said:

Don't talk pish.

Mark russell (lb)

Ross forbes and jamie lindsay (rm/cm)

Gary oliver (10)

Would stroll into your current hibs team.

Nope. 

Nope. 

If it wasn't clear already...your last suggestion confirms a terrible attempt at a wind up. Back in your box. 

44 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Nope. 

Nope. 

If it wasn't clear already...your last suggestion confirms a terrible attempt at a wind up. Back in your box. 

46 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Nope. 

Nope. 

Aye nae bother we both know all four would get a place in the hibs team. 

Just you keep telling yourself otherwise and you'll be fine.

Archived