Sneaky Pete

The Minertaur

Tempted to give this a watch after seeing a trailer for this yesterday. Anybody seen any episodes?

"Giovanni Ribisi plays the role of Marius, a con man who tries to leave his old life behind by assuming the identity of his cell mate, Pete. While Pete's family doesn't have reason to suspect that he is not their long-lost loved one, they are a colorful group with their own secrets and lies that could make life as dangerous as the world Marius was hoping to escape. Marius must find a way to keep his lies from backfiring as he deals with unexpected situations that come his way"

Just watched the 1st episode there, it was ok, Ribisi was excellent and I would probably watch again anyway, but what will make me watch it some more was the big reveal at the end of who the big baddie is!!!

Being portrayed by a huge P&B favourite!!!

Edited by King Kebab

3rd episode is also excellent.  Not had a chance to sit and watch this properly but it's brilliant TV. 

EDIT - just seen the 4th and the ending with Vince basically spending 5 minutes telling a story was fantastic. So menacing.

Edited by The Minertaur

• 2 weeks later...

Watching the finale tonight.  Set up perfectly after the last episode.  Thoroughly enjoyed this - one of the best shows I've seen in the last few years.  Amazed I'm the only person I know who has watched it!

On 23 February 2017 at 08:26, The Minertaur said:

Watching the finale tonight.  Set up perfectly after the last episode.  Thoroughly enjoyed this - one of the best shows I've seen in the last few years.  Amazed I'm the only person I know who has watched it!

Seen it all now aswell . Outstanding . The ending was so obvious when you think about it but still caught me completely off guard :lol:

• 10 months later...

We binge watched it this week and thought it was excellent. Really well written, and brilliant performances from Ribisi and Cranston as always. Cranston’s 5 minute monologue about his early days as a policemen to Eddie was absolutely outstanding, went from sympathetic to fearful to menacing in the blink of an eye, phenomenal acting. Really looking forward to season 2 whenever it might be out, doubtful, but hope Vince features again. “You break it, you buy it”.

• 1 month later...

I'm about halfway through the second series, I'm really enjoying it not sure it's quite as good as the first but everything seems to be coming to a head just now.

Anyone else come back to it after the first series was so successful? 

13 hours ago, Adam101 said:

I'm about halfway through the second series, I'm really enjoying it not sure it's quite as good as the first but everything seems to be coming to a head just now.

Anyone else come back to it after the first series was so successful? 

We binged it last week and I actually thought it was better than the first season. Really well written programme, and not as over the top as some con based programmes (the con's themselves that is). I'll not spoil anything, but would be amazed if there's not a 3rd season of it.

• 1 year later...
On ‎15‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 09:24, KingRocketman II said:

yeah - I like it as a whole but the scenes and plot directly around Pete are the strongest. The sister searching for her mum - very weak and am tempted to FFwd every time they cut to this. She is a decent character/actress but that plot strand is very weak. 

The ending wasa bit too tidy for me and I'm not sure how much more they can get out of its as an idea. It didnt have an obvious sequal like the last few series.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...