Steering wheels for Xbox1

Dindeleux

Can anyone recommend a good steering wheel (not really worried about budget) for the Xbone? Mostly going to be used to play F1 and Forza. Force feedback is a must.

I am looking into it myself but was just wondering if anyone owned one?

I've got the Logitech G920 and the separate manual gear shifter for my XboxOne and I love it.

I mainly use it for Project Cars and occasionally when I play Dirt Rally and Assetto Corsa. Forza 6 is terrible to use with a wheel. You can't correct slides, you just spin, the oversteer/understeer on every car feels wrong and you never feel in full control of the car. The force feedback within the game is all wrong.

I've found Forza Horizon 3 and Dirt Rally pretty good but again I feel the steering of every car is pretty light initially when steering into a corner but once you get a feel for it, you can be pretty accurate. I think Dirt Rally is made by Codemasters, the same as F1 so the force feedback on wheels may feel similar on the games.

Project Cars with the wheel is phenomenal fun, everything just feels correct. It took me a few months to get used to using a wheel but it has made me a better and more consistent 'driver' in the game. Endurance racing can be pretty tiring on it though.

Your best bet will be a Logitech or a Thrustmaster wheel. The only reason I got the Logitech at the time was because it had three pedals instead of two although I think you can get the Thrustmaster wheels with a clutch now too.

• 3 months later...

Purchased the Thrustmaster T150 Pro wheel with pedals and bought a stand for it too for my PS4. Even using the wheel I'm still struggling to control cars in Dirt Rally and Assetto Corsa. I guess I'll need to keep practicing to improve. It has made a huge difference with Project Cars though. Still to try Driveclub using the wheel.  I think I'll likely buy the Thrustmaster manuel gear shift for it as well. 

Archived