Mental Tesco's

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Pearbuyerbell said:

un-believable.    

I rarely dish out red dots...but its folk like you deserve it.   Wow.   

Because I think Tesco reaching out to older, less capable folk is a good thing? 

I'm sure any 'slow lane' would be well marked so people could steer clear of it easily enough

It's an excellent idea imo. Let teenagers shoplift with the self operated checkouts, the fragile chat about their ailments on the slow lane, and the rest of the aisles be freed up for normal people.

I used to work for Morrisons. Can still hardly believe the company still exists, the management system is radge and the shops are poor looking. They spent £1m doing up the produce department in the Glenrothes store which was one of the poorest performing in the country a few years back. The grand sum of their efforts was piping mist out on to the vegetables. 

Just now, deej said:

Because I think Tesco reaching out to older, less capable folk is a good thing? 

I'm sure any 'slow lane' would be well marked so people could steer clear of it easily enough

What makes you so sure of this ?   

Picture the scene your at a 5 isle Tesco and the self scanners and down due to updating issues.  Isle 3 is no longer a normal isle is the checkout for the thick and over 80's.   There is 4 checkouts left and number 1 has the shortest queue, but it the friendly, chatty, nice, cherubic girl who takes fucking ages.   2 has the polish bloke, 4 has some girl in training and 5 has the longest queue.   

It's 12:10 and you've got an appointment at 12:30.   

This slow lane has made me miss my appointment with my FA, and you think its a good thing ?  

Sometimes you relate to another side of an argument, but you can at-least understand the opposing point of view.    What exactly is the point you're struggling to create ?  

10 minutes ago, Pearbuyerbell said:

Picture the scene your at a 5 isle Tesco and the self scanners and down due to updating issues.  Isle 3 is no longer a normal isle is the checkout for the thick and over 80's.   There is 4 checkouts left and number 1 has the shortest queue, but it the friendly, chatty, nice, cherubic girl who takes fucking ages.   2 has the polish bloke, 4 has some girl in training and 5 has the longest queue.   

This slow lane has made me miss my appointment with my FA, and you think its a good thing ?  

Sometimes you relate to another side of an argument, but you can at-least understand the opposing point of view.    What exactly is the point you're struggling to create ?  

addtext_com_MjEwODQyNjI3MTk.jpg

4 minutes ago, Pearbuyerbell said:

Express aisles are well marked. Also the queue of pensioners would probably give it away.

If there's a slow lane surely even Tesco would have enough sense to put the chatty girl on that one.

Can polish people not scan items and charge you for them efficiently enough?

I've never been in any supermarket where all of the self scans haven't been working.

If you have an appointment 20 minutes after you're shopping could you not simply go shopping after?

My point is I think this is a good idea for elderly/less able people.. Your point seems to be that you're in such a rush all of the time that these people are an inconvenience that shouldn't be allowed in shops.

Come back when you can spell "aisle" properly.

23 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

You get bams in Asda with big pointy sticks telling you where to go. I used to pretend to ignore them and go to the bigger queue.

:lol:

one of the reasons ill never move to front end :lol:

Just now, deej said:

Express aisles are well marked. Also the queue of pensioners would probably give it away.

If there's a slow lane surely even Tesco would have enough sense to put the chatty girl on that one.

Can polish people not scan items and charge you for them efficiently enough?

I've never been in any supermarket where all of the self scans haven't been working.

If you have an appointment 20 minutes after you're shopping could you not simply go shopping after?

My point is I think this is a good idea for elderly/less able people.. Your point seems to be that you're in such a rush all of the time that these people are an inconvenience that shouldn't be allowed in shops.

My point has always been these people need to embrace the modern world and use internet shopping.   Give them a basket and they can disrupt everyone's afternoon.   Give them a keyboard and they can shop for life.   

It's straight forward stuff.  

5 minutes ago, Pearbuyerbell said:

My point has always been these people need to embrace the modern world and use internet shopping.   Give them a basket and they can disrupt everyone's afternoon.   Give them a keyboard and they can shop for life.   

The article you quote refers to people with dementia. Keyboard skills are one of the first things to go, although you wouldn't think so sometimes on here.

6 minutes ago, Pearbuyerbell said:

Absolute minter.

Just now, Pearbuyerbell said:

These people might not be capable of internet/computer use? I've tried to teach my gran how to use an iPad so can tell you first hand it certainly isn't straight forward stuff

Archived