Mental Tesco's

32 minutes ago, Kool Keith said:

Pearbuyerbell's reeled in a decent number of people with this thread. 

^^^^ this

It takes some kind of warped genius to get this going.  Starts off with the misuse of an apostrophe in the thread title - bound to get a few itchy.  Then publishes a league table of shops based on no criteria (can almost hear the keyboards being clattered with the responses).  Insults the elderly/infirm/Poles.  Shoehorns in an extremely dodgy example of why he'd miss an appointment to prove his point.  Goes back on the attack to the pedants by use of "isle" and bluffs his way out of that and also starts red-dotting other posters for disagreeing.

Take a bow sir. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Pearbuyerbell said:

1 Waitrose 
2.  M & S 
3. Morrisons 
4. Lidl 
5.  Sainsburys 
6.  Co-op 
7.  Asda 
8  Aldi  
9.  Tesco 
10.  Iceland    

Asda? Above Tesco?

Do f**k off :lol:

^^^^ this
It takes some kind of warped genius to get this going.  Starts off with the misuse of an apostrophe in the thread title - bound to get a few itchy.  Then publishes a league table of shops based on no criteria (can almost hear the keyboards being clattered with the responses).  Insults the elderly/infirm/Poles.  Shoehorns in an extremely dodgy example of why he'd miss an appointment to prove his point.  Goes back on the attack to the pedants by use of "isle" and bluffs his way out of that and also starts red-dotting other posters for disagreeing.
Take a bow sir. 

I find Perthshirebell hilarious tbh. He reminds me a bit of Reynard minus the sweary words

5 minutes ago, MuckleMoo said:

I find Perthshirebell hilarious tbh. He reminds me a bit of Reynard minus the sweary words

PB is a bit more mentally stable than Reynard

As has been stated he gets the bites so fair play. The Alex Salmond Birthday thread was a cracker

While this thread is glorious trolling, I still find myself wanting to argue about the order of supermarkets in the list on page 1. Serious business.

Shame Carrefour never really managed to break into the UK Market.
Even more unlikely for them to have another go now I guess!

To steal a line from the Mighty Boosh, nobody does their weekly shop at Marks and Spencer's. You get your specials there. Perhaps your Christmas plonk and so forth. Can't compare them with your likes of Tesco.

Or when a guy pulled my shoulder and asked:
Customer B: "Do you know if you have any sage"
Myself: "Yes. We don't."

I can see why you worked in Waitrose rather than a more upmarket establishment like Tesco.

The correct answer would have been "Yes, I do know. No, we don't."
Mixing your affirmative and negatives just isn't on.

Waitrose is seriously, seriously overrated. You also have to deal with the other customers who think that they are something special because they can afford to spend 3 times the price on their tinned spaghetti hoops. The amount of sly digs you used to get from customers when I worked there was unreal.
Customer A: "Do you have any gazpacho?"
Customer A's wife: "Oh, I doubt he'll know what that is, we'll just keep looking"
Myself: "Gazpacho? As in cold, soup? Yes, right over here, I actually had this in a small fishing village in Catalonia last year and it was fantastic".
They wanted to do pretentious, I could do pretentious. Neither of them spoke as I pointed it out to them.
Literally the only half decent thing is the bakery, and the selection of obscure posh juice. 
Anyway, getting back on topic, I think slow lanes for people with issues like that are a great idea. I also quite like Morrisons, Sainsbury's was class until they punted their vast meal deal options.

Wouldn't all the soup in a supermarket still be cold anyway?

33 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

To steal a line from the Mighty Boosh, nobody does their weekly shop at Marks and Spencer's. You get your specials there. Perhaps your Christmas plonk and so forth. Can't compare them with your likes of Tesco.

I did my last weekly shop in Marks and Spencer. Planning on going to Morrisons this week.

37 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I can see why you worked in Waitrose rather than a more upmarket establishment like Tesco.

The correct answer would have been "Yes, I do know. No, we don't."
Mixing your affirmative and negatives just isn't on.

^^^Still seething we didn't have any sage 

35 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Wouldn't all the soup in a supermarket still be cold anyway?

^^^Non Waitrosey pleb 

Waitrose is OK. Their £10 curry deal is brilliant if it's on. Big problem is terrible use by dates. Really bad for them being really short. Some nice food though. And a good selection of beer.

Wholefoods is superb. The butcher counter is surprisingly affordable for sausages and burgers. And the olives are good. Everything else though - painful.

Perhaps its because you're a terrible teacher ?   

Would you not be able to ask your gran to write a shopping list and type it onto your Ipad ?   

The process of driving a car, parking, getting a trolley, driving the trolley, collecting the produce required, unloading onto a moving conveyor belt, engaging with the low-paid workers inane chat, packing, back into the trolley, reverse the car, home, unpact.  

To some might seem harder that getting the messages delivered.  

Can you understand ?  

Unpact wtf!!!

^^^^ this
Take a bow sir. 

You forgot insisting that the slow ones use the online shopping when he doesn't have the means to do so himself..

10 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Waitrose is seriously, seriously overrated. You also have to deal with the other customers who think that they are something special because they can afford to spend 3 times the price on their tinned spaghetti hoops. The amount of sly digs you used to get from customers when I worked there was unreal.

Customer A: "Do you have any gazpacho?"
Customer A's wife: "Oh, I doubt he'll know what that is, we'll just keep looking"

Myself: "Gazpacho? As in cold, soup? Yes, right over here, I actually had this in a small fishing village in Catalonia last year and it was fantastic".

They wanted to do pretentious, I could do pretentious. Neither of them spoke as I pointed it out to them.

Literally the only half decent thing is the bakery, and the selection of obscure posh juice. 

Anyway, getting back on topic, I think slow lanes for people with issues like that are a great idea. I also quite like Morrisons, Sainsbury's was class until they punted their vast meal deal options.

Only ever been in a Waitrose once and it was during a weekend away with friends, I was walking around the store wearing joggers, some shoppers couldn't help but give me a dirty look and when i caught them at it i gave them my best Greggy Wallace smirk. 

7 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Only ever been in a Waitrose once and it was during a weekend away with friends, I was walking around the store wearing joggers, some shoppers couldn't help but give me a dirty look and when i caught them at it i gave them my best Greggy Wallace smirk. 

That doesn't surprise me one bit. I used to regularly get told to "keep an eye on" guys who had came from work in hi-vis jackets and builder's clothes, by the established Waitroseians. 

I used to quite enjoy going to Waitrose in my scabby old 52 plate van. Parking in amoungst the posh cars bought on pcp and upsetting the regulars local twats :lol: 

12 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

That doesn't surprise me one bit. I used to regularly get told to "keep an eye on" guys who had came from work in hi-vis jackets and builder's clothes, by the established Waitroseians. 

There was a security guy lurking around iirc, probably had better things to do than follow around a couple of incredibly hungover lads trying to find meal deals and water tbh. 

On 18/01/2017 at 22:19, Pearbuyerbell said:

1 Waitrose 
2.  M & S 
3. Morrisons 
4. Lidl 
5.  Sainsburys 
6.  Co-op 
7.  Asda 
8  Aldi  
9.  Tesco 
10.  Iceland    

I have never been in numbers 1,4,5,8 and 10. Don't think I've ever seen a 1. Hope I haven't missed out

Archived