Staggies v Arabs

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

Ooft.. But don't worry about it, guys. You've still got a great chance of winning the.. actually, no, you're not going to win anything.

Better luck next season though.

You're a fucking shite musician, you creepy b*****d.

I didn't notice at the time but we scored from a Martin Woods set piece! Amazing. Some of the defending was less amazing but you can maybe give them the benefit of the doubt because of the fog, and because ultimately it didn't matter because United looked like Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic would have given them a run for their money.

Liam Boyce also continues to be far too good for Ross County. Long may that continue.

3 hours ago, Waffelz said:

You're a fucking shite musician, you creepy b*****d.

I can't argue with that, but it has nothing to do with the topic at hand. We're discussing yet another sobering afternoon for Dundee United. It would make more sense to mock my dreadful 'wind-up' attempt (or the fact that I needed to edit it an hour after posting). Embarrassing.

3 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

I can't argue with that, but it has nothing to do with the topic at hand. We're discussing yet another sobering afternoon for Dundee United. It would make more sense to mock my dreadful 'wind-up' attempt (or the fact that I needed to edit it an hour after posting). Embarrassing.

I think you're an OK musician.  It's your only redeeming quality.

That went well despite Jim's rather bizarre decision to make two changes at half time, just after United had scored a pretty fortunate goal. Unsurprisingly the goal buoyed them and equally unsurprisingly it took us a bit of time to settle. That made the first twenty minutes of the second half more difficult for us than it should have done.

The extended period of booing when United were 3-1 down was a less than inspired way to back a losing team. Through the mist you could see heads going down as it continued. 

Roll on the draw, The Rangers at home please, we'll not need the mist either.

I didn't notice at the time but we scored from a Martin Woods set piece! Amazing. Some of the defending was less amazing but you can maybe give them the benefit of the doubt because of the fog, and because ultimately it didn't matter because United looked like Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic would have given them a run for their money.
Liam Boyce also continues to be far too good for Ross County. Long may that continue.

The fog did not contribute to the bad defending. We're just really bad at defending right now.

56 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

The fog did not contribute to the bad defending. We're just really bad at defending right now.

The big question is why.  Until quite recently our defending was immense, we suffered a hiccup that many of us thought was down to Toshney and, to a lesser extent, Dixon.  We have no such excuse for yesterday's absolute thrashing.

4 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I was thinking of the County defending for United's first goal mainly. Because I don't think you can blame Routis's back pass for the 2nd on the weather, much as I was tempted to :lol:

Archived