Edinburgh v Forfar

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Edinburgh City by name said:

looking forward to this one, As victormedrew says there will be individual battles but it will be all over the pitch and not only the ones highlighted. I think the game will be won or lost it on set plays rather than open play but you never know. City are a lot wiser that the 1st time Forfar played at Meadowbank and now know how to handle certain players and the antics that come with them. 

Antics? :lol:

Please explain.  There has certainly been niggles between Cox and Mbu but that isn't one way traffic.  Other than those 2, in the four games we've played I cannot remember any incidents worth mentioning at all.

As for set plays winning the game, Travis back in the Forfar side will result in goals from corners for the remaining games this season, but most of our goals, and there have been a lot, have come from open play. 

Antics/style of play whatever you want to call it, If you are a Forfar fan you will know that Danny Denholm for example will not stay on his feet for the full 90 minutes irrespective if he gets the ball or not. Cox niggles away and uses his weight well but as soon as any challenge comes in he will be down on the deck looking for the foul. Its these sort or antics " or as some say clever play or professionlism" that City have learnt to cope with playing in league 2

2 hours ago, Edinburgh City by name said:

Antics/style of play whatever you want to call it, If you are a Forfar fan you will know that Danny Denholm for example will not stay on his feet for the full 90 minutes irrespective if he gets the ball or not. Cox niggles away and uses his weight well but as soon as any challenge comes in he will be down on the deck looking for the foul. Its these sort or antics " or as some say clever play or professionlism" that City have learnt to cope with playing in league 2

Two words: Craig Beattie

Now there's "professional antics".

Can't see anything other than an away win here to be honest but at least the game is on. Having nipped out to the shop earlier I can confirm that it is proper cold out today, wrap up warm and eat an extra pie for insulation is my advice.

1 hour ago, Bogs_Dollox said:

What a shit game of soccer ball. Still though 8 poi emoji1.png

A tale of two soft pens, one saved and one scored.

A few thoughts from the game:-

a) Is Swankie worth his place.

b) did we expect vastly experienced left back Malone to play holding mid.

c) If Josh Peters is not scoring goals what else does he contribute.

d) How good was David Cox today?  Absolutely  man of the match!

e) How much better did we look when Scott came on?

Thought City were good today but our lack of goals is doing to cost us. Been a long time since I got that worked up at a refereeing display. If we can bring in a striker before the window closes I think we'll be fine

Archived