Pot and Kettle

Over the years Clyde have been subject too much criticism and ridicule from across the football world for the mismanagement by a previous Board which almost resulted in our liquidation.I think a beneficial voluntary creditors agreement allowed the Supporters Trust to eventually turn things round.From memory the only creditor not too reach agreement with the Club was North Lanarkshire Leisure-an arms length offshoot of the Council. With all this in mind it was interesting to read in today's Daily Mail that  an offshoot of Stirling Council is being investigated for writing off a£150000 debt built up byStirling Albion.

Clyde did the honourable thing and paid their debt.Perhaps it is time to focus on the misdemeanours of others.

1 hour ago, Harry Haddock said:

Over the years Clyde have been subject too much criticism and ridicule from across the football world for the mismanagement by a previous Board which almost resulted in our liquidation.I think a beneficial voluntary creditors agreement allowed the Supporters Trust to eventually turn things round.From memory the only creditor not too reach agreement with the Club was North Lanarkshire Leisure-an arms length offshoot of the Council. With all this in mind it was interesting to read in today's Daily Mail that  an offshoot of Stirling Council is being investigated for writing off a£150000 debt built up byStirling Albion.

Clyde did the honourable thing and paid their debt.Perhaps it is time to focus on the misdemeanours of others.

You can delete this, go on you know it makes sense

What an absolute word salad.

Elementary Penguin either I have misread your post or you have completely missed the point.

MY point is that NLL due to the machinations of one individual on their Board did their best to liquidate Clyde.Over the years Clyde-at great cost to the calibration of player we could sign-paid off their debt to NLL.I don't think on Stirling Albion for getting off with it to the detriment of local taxpayers-I feel bloody angry.

The current model is holding the club back in my opinion. It's all very well being fan owned when you are Barcelona with thousands of members. It doesn't work so well when you have a few hundred, and many of the members were recruited to try and push though a particular agenda.

Clyde01 what a load of tosh. Do you honestly believe in excess of 350 fans each paid £30 for the privilege of voting through a name change.The ones I no voted for a name change was simply because having EK in front of our name was better than no Clyde at all. And for all those Ronnie McDonald lovers out there let me remind you that he changed letterheads etc to Clyde of Cumbernauld.

And what has any of the above got to do with Stirling Albion not paying their rent?

Clyde01 what a load of tosh. Do you honestly believe in excess of 350 fans each paid £30 for the privilege of voting through a name change.The ones I no voted for a name change was simply because having EK in front of our name was better than no Clyde at all. And for all those Ronnie McDonald lovers out there let me remind you that he changed letterheads etc to Clyde of Cumbernauld.
And what has any of the above got to do with Stirling Albion not paying their rent?

I don't believe all the members are fans of the club, I believe a number were 'recruited' to vote in a particular way on a particular issue. Alongside that you had death of the club propaganda to guilt other genuine fans into supporting the agenda being pushed.

As for Stirling Albion allegedly not paying rent, what's that got to do with us? Scottish footballs recent history is littered with examples of clubs shafting creditors. Rangers, Motherwell, Dundee, Dunfermline, Livingston (multiple times). We paid our debts back properly and look where it's got us.

So you would agree that the people who told you that without a name change there would be no clyde were talking tosh ?

Ronnie McDonald took us to a promotion without putting us into debt gave me one of the best seasons for years best fan engagement for a decade

Unbelievable

2 hours ago, Harry Haddock said:

Get it up ye fannybaws!

Cfcuk I think the Board at the time acted in the Club's best interests and as things stood at the time they we'll have been right. 

No one can argue about season we had under Ronnie McD but you seem to forget that he was the one that signed the totally unviable lease with NLL which committed us to expenditure way beyond our means.The fact that our then Chairman chose not to pay the rent is another story.

As for you EP, unbelievable.

What an absolute car crash of a thread.

Just for the record, Stirling didn't "get off" with paying rent, we've supplied many hundreds of hours worth of man power into council (Active Stirling) run courses that would of cost the council hundreds of thousands in wages over the years along with other joint ventures......so yes, they wrote off the debt, but they still had their money paid back, just in other ways.

BBB almost word for word as expressed in the article.I suppose if the investigation finds that this is the case then we can all do things for the Council and reduce our rates.I'm thinking I'll start cutting the grass verge outside my house thus saving them the bother.

I suppose if the investigation finds that this is the case then we can all do things for the Council and reduce our rates.

As long as an agreement is struck, then why not? It made financial sense for Stirling Council to agree

Cfcuk I think the Board at the time acted in the Club's best interests and as things stood at the time they we'll have been right. 
No one can argue about season we had under Ronnie McD but you seem to forget that he was the one that signed the totally unviable lease with NLL which committed us to expenditure way beyond our means.The fact that our then Chairman chose not to pay the rent is another story.
As for you EP, unbelievable.

Fully entitled to that opinion
But the damage done by the name change I think should have resulted in the architects of it resigning ( only an opinion) to this day I can't see another club in Britain vote for a name change.

For me my hope is that the club takes a totally different route from the CIC which is in my opinion a disaster

Archived