Livingston vs East Fife

Big Fifer

Why can't Livi (notice the correct abb. to avoid causing any more suffering) fans stop being so magnanimous and start getting angry about how we are lucky/time wasting/dirty/drug taking /diddies and how that is the worst they have played for years, or at least the last time they were at a Bayview.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keeper started time wasting in the first half. Throw ins from EF after the goal took longer and longer too. I know this as I was there.

Don't get me wrong, EF deserved the win today and played a blinder. Tight defence first to every ball which if was my team I'd be happy about but we were hopeless and basically when the long ball obviously wasn't working we just tried hitting the ball even longer.

Lithgow doesn't deserve a paycheck from a football team. He is hopeless. But mind you so is Hopkin who has 1 tactic and 3 formations. None of which seem to work against the hard working teams.

Scott Robinson is one of those players you'd love to have in your team but hate playing against. Tenacious midfielder.

You know something though I was thinking about this today, maybe not the best place to put this theory as East Fife have beaten us twice away but has our pitch got something to do with it ? 
We don't play as many long high balls away from home, Peterhead 2 weeks ago we played some absolutely brilliant passing football, especially in the 2nd half where at times they couldn't get near us, Peterhead's pitch is probably the best we've played on. 
Ours is a bog this season and we are struggling more at home than we are away, just a theory and like I say I'm sure EF fans will be thinking I'm talking rubbish having seen us play equally as poor home and away lol.

Pittman could barely control the ball today as he usually does and yes I believe it's to do with the pitch. I remember when our ground was always in immaculate condition. Maybe we should stop looking for money to "improve" the team and spend some in actually making the pitch playable.
The goalmouth area to the south stand is in public park condition.

6 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

You know something though I was thinking about this today, maybe not the best place to put this theory as East Fife have beaten us twice away but has our pitch got something to do with it ? 

We don't play as many long high balls away from home, Peterhead 2 weeks ago we played some absolutely brilliant passing football, especially in the 2nd half where at times they couldn't get near us, Peterhead's pitch is probably the best we've played on. 

Ours is a bog this season and we are struggling more at home than we are away, just a theory and like I say I'm sure EF fans will be thinking I'm talking rubbish having seen us play equally as poor home and away lol.

Living down south, I've not been to many games this season and not seen many of the pitches in L1. I'd be surprised if ours isn't one of the better ones though, it's usually in a pretty good state all the way through the season compared to other lower league grass pitches.

I'd also guess that it, along with Hampden, are two of the bigger pitches in the league. If Livi have particularly struggled at Hampden and Bayview, there could be something in that.

Living down south, I've not been to many games this season and not seen many of the pitches in L1. I'd be surprised if ours isn't one of the better ones though, it's usually in a pretty good state all the way through the season compared to other lower league grass pitches.
I'd also guess that it, along with Hampden, are two of the bigger pitches in the league. If Livi have particularly struggled at Hampden and Bayview, there could be something in that.

Our pitch looked bad even during pre season.
It's a shame as it used to win awards constantly.

Thought it was a very even game today. We were slightly the better team in the first 45 but the last 20 was very nervous stuff. Livi dominated and Goodfellow made at least 3 terrific saves never mind the shot that hit the bar and his free kick stop in the first half, pretty jammy towards the end.

For us, our keeper had a great game. Penrice was decent but looked knackered after 65 minutes. You can tell he's a youngster, quite a few times he was shrugged off the ball in attack and when defending. Smith did well as did the two up top. Nothing really fell for them today but worked their socks off, Robinson in particular. Not much more I can say about Paterson's goal, but it's definitely one deserving of winning a cup tie. Special mention to Ross Brown however, can't believe what I'm seeing on the EF twitter regarding the MOTM award. Some engine today, he was terrific the entire game before the injury and played a big part in the win. As I said, the last 20 was tough for us, I realise we're playing a full time team but I really think we need a few more bodies in the squad as it'll eventually take its toll.

As far as Livingson are concerned, every time they had a set piece I had the heavy fear. Their centre halves are massive but never seemed to be able to get to the ball in the air at corners and free kicks apart from the last 10/20 minutes but even then there was nothing of substance. Their defender's passing was also pretty honking. Buchanan is a very good player at this level, his touch is excellent but we seemed to deal with him well. Didn't seem like they changed much in their approach the whole game despite being behind, they only put pressure on when we were sitting deep in the latter stages of the game. Byrne looked ineffective, but I was disappointed most of all that we didn't see a Kelly ClangerTM.

All in all, good to give Livi a wee polish today,  we'll pop them back in their usual place on the mantelpiece :P. Bring on the next round, no easy ties but a Fife derby or a money spinner vs one of the two cheeks, the Dons or the Jambos would be grand. 

Pittman could barely control the ball today as he usually does and yes I believe it's to do with the pitch. I remember when our ground was always in immaculate condition. Maybe we should stop looking for money to "improve" the team and spend some in actually making the pitch playable.
The goalmouth area to the south stand is in public park condition.

f**k that mate, we've got more central midfielders and centre halves to sign. Something's got to stick eventually...

11 hours ago, Afro said:

You've literally just contradicted yourself. We were poor because Hopkin doesn't know how to change his tactics. Four games now against East Fife and he still hasn't got a clue how to counteract you guys.

Can't see how I've contradicted myself. The way Livi were set up was nullified as we got in their faces, didn't give them time on the ball and stopped them doing what they wanted to do. Who's to say even if Hopkins had changed the system, we wouldn't have countered that too. All I'm saying is maybe more credit should be given to Barry Smith & East Fife for getting the tactics right rather than blaming the result on Livi being poor or Hopkins inability to change things. Teams can only work against stopping the threat in front of them and that's exactly what we did yesterday.

18 hours ago, King Kebab said:

As promised!!!

emoji6.png

c**t. :lol:

Thought we should've had a draw but just wouldn't go in for us, hitting te bar and headed off the line.  Prob just as well we didn't get a goal though with our record at Methill. De Vita and Lithgow shouldn't be starting over Mullin and Longridge though, we didn't really threaten up that wing till Mullin came on. Cadden's deliveries were wild, only thing he did was hit a sweet free kick towards the top corner but the keeper made a fine save tipping it over the bar. A few goal mouth scrambles that just didn't drop to any of our players, might've been different if Hopkin had played Carrick from the start though, he's good at being in the right position for those type of situations, although he wouldn't have faired any better than Mullen and Buchanan for the service they were getting.

EF had more energy in midfield and came away with every 50 50 challenge, really could've done with Keaghan's energy and aggression in the tackle, Pittman looked well off his game, maybe that was down to EF's pressing giving us no time on the ball though. 

Was wanting to see us go on a wee cup run but wasn't to be, good luck to East Fife in the draw, hope you get Sevco and pump them out the cup too.

11 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

Thought it was a very even game today. We were slightly the better team in the first 45 but the last 20 was very nervous stuff. Livi dominated and Goodfellow made at least 3 terrific saves never mind the shot that hit the bar and his free kick stop in the first half, pretty jammy towards the end.

For us, our keeper had a great game. Penrice was decent but looked knackered after 65 minutes. You can tell he's a youngster, quite a few times he was shrugged off the ball in attack and when defending. Smith did well as did the two up top. Nothing really fell for them today but worked their socks off, Robinson in particular. Not much more I can say about Paterson's goal, but it's definitely one deserving of winning a cup tie. Special mention to Ross Brown however, can't believe what I'm seeing on the EF twitter regarding the MOTM award. Some engine today, he was terrific the entire game before the injury and played a big part in the win. As I said, the last 20 was tough for us, I realise we're playing a full time team but I really think we need a few more bodies in the squad as it'll eventually take its toll.

As far as Livingson are concerned, every time they had a set piece I had the heavy fear. Their centre halves are massive but never seemed to be able to get to the ball in the air at corners and free kicks apart from the last 10/20 minutes but even then there was nothing of substance. Their defender's passing was also pretty honking. Buchanan is a very good player at this level, his touch is excellent but we seemed to deal with him well. Didn't seem like they changed much in their approach the whole game despite being behind, they only put pressure on when we were sitting deep in the latter stages of the game. Byrne looked ineffective, but I was disappointed most of all that we didn't see a Kelly ClangerTM.

All in all, good to give Livi a wee polish today,  we'll pop them back in their usual place on the mantelpiece :P. Bring on the next round, no easy ties but a Fife derby or a money spinner vs one of the two cheeks, the Dons or the Jambos would be grand. 

Noticed that too, hardly won a ball from our corners or East Fife's, would've thought we'd be favourite's from set pieces with 4 CB's playing but our deliveries were awful. Mark Miller seemed to be shit hot taking set pieces though so thank feck he'll be playing in our league games.

46 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Imagine what he'd be like if we ever lose.

If this is him delirious with glee and emoting pure effervescence after our ninth game without defeat, I can only imagine him striking down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger and you will know is name is the Barry when he lays his vengeance upon thee, when that eventual defeat does comes!!!

We've probably found the reason why we're on such a run Gordon, the players are obviously too faird of him to get beat!!! 

3 hours ago, King Kebab said:

If this is him delirious with glee and emoting pure effervescence after our ninth game without defeat, I can only imagine him striking down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger and you will know is name is the Barry when he lays his vengeance upon thee, when that eventual defeat does comes!!!

We've probably found the reason why we're on such a run Gordon, the players are obviously too faird of him to get beat!!! 

You could be on to something...

Barry-Smith-Dundee-boss-SNSa_2818858.jpg

Archived