Livingston vs East Fife

Big Fifer

Can't see a thread for this one. We've so far had the better of Livi this season but it can't be denied they are a better team. We're in great form at the minute though, so it should be a decent game. Still a bit worried about the size of our squad, I think eventually we will crash and burn if we don't get more bodies in, hopefully it's not this game!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shit draw for whoever loses this tie whoever wins will be thinking big draw in the next round. 

Its 2-1 East Fife on head to heads this season and have been really tough opposition for us. 

Hopefully we can sneak through though and as I say get a decent draw. 

I see the clubs couldn't agree on pricing for this tie, £15 for adults, £10 Concessions and £5 for under 16s. 

Considering our usual gate price is £12 I can't see any other reasoning for this, it was already a borinh prospect of playing a team from the same division again but this has made it even less appetising. 

This game will be played infront of our worst crowd of the season by some distance, <600 is recon, very disappointing. 

Don't mind playing East Fife, should have plenty of goals in it and be entertaining enough, and as we beat them 3-1 at home I've a bit of confidence we can get past them. Looking forward to seeing how Insall gets on against big Dec too, should be a good tussle between them.

40 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

So how we lining up for this one ? Mark Millar cup tied bring Jacobs in ? :whistle

Kelly, Crighton, Gallagher, Halkett, Longridge, De Vita, Byrne, Pittman, Cadden, Mullen, Buchanan ? 

Looks good but do you think Lithgow will be dropped?

Shit draw for whoever loses this tie whoever wins will be thinking big draw in the next round. 
Its 2-1 East Fife on head to heads this season and have been really tough opposition for us. 
Hopefully we can sneak through though and as I say get a decent draw. 
I see the clubs couldn't agree on pricing for this tie, £15 for adults, £10 Concessions and £5 for under 16s. 
Considering our usual gate price is £12 I can't see any other reasoning for this, it was already a borinh prospect of playing a team from the same division again but this has made it even less appetising. 
This game will be played infront of our worst crowd of the season by some distance,

If you guys charge £12 and we charge £13, who actually said, " OK let's screw the punters for another 2 or 3 quid". When is the penny going to drop with football clubs?

On ‎17‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 18:20, east fife for life said:

Terrible draw. Pish crowd with they prices too.

Would've still been a pish crowd if it had been 12 or 13 quid, in fact I doubt it would've attracted that  much more dropping it to a tenner.  Either way it would've been well under 1,000

Just now, Big Fifer said:

Been ages since I was at Livi, what's the best bet for a pre/post match shandy or two? 

Usually the Almondvale suite under the south stand would be where i'd recommend but not sure if it'll be open on Sat, read they're doing a craft beer event over the weekend. The stadium bar should be open though, or the pub just up from the ground towards the centre.  Several other boozers up by the shopping centre. The rest are 20 or 30 mins walk away, Livi Inn (Livi village), Saltire (up by the train station)..

5 hours ago, smuggfifer said:

If you guys charge £12 and we charge £13, who actually said, " OK let's screw the punters for another 2 or 3 quid". When is the penny going to drop with football clubs?

Prob said it'll be a pish crowd anyway so we'll stick another 3 quid on and make 2 grand extra from the ones that turn up.

Though we had to fork out 16 quid away to Airdrie in the last round tae so it's actually a pound cheaper for us this time.

20 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

So how we lining up for this one ? Mark Millar cup tied bring Jacobs in ? :whistle

Kelly, Crighton, Gallagher, Halkett, Longridge, De Vita, Byrne, Pittman, Cadden, Mullen, Buchanan ? 

A wee cryptic message in there, reported in the sun today that we are bringing him back home :thumsup2

Thanks for agreeing .thought The Alloa Shambles was bad . but the pricing for saturday takes the biscuit . How the hell are we suppose to attract fans to games.

Archived