Stag do in Inverness/aviemore

pleslie99

I'm organising my mates stag do this year. Aviemore or Inverness is an option, anyone been on one up there? Plenty outdoor activities I can see. What's the drinking establishments like, can it be an all nighters out getting the stag legless or would a cargo in the room be the only option? Probably looking for a cabin or bunkhouse, any suggestions?

We went to aviemore for a stagger a few months ago. We stayed in various lodges, including the big husky lodge. Was worth the extra money as its incredible.

On the friday, we just stayed in the husky lodge and got pizzas etc in and did some whisky tasting.

Saturday we were up early and were suppsoed to go white water rafting. Water wasnt high enough so we went tubing instead. Was a good laugh and cured all the hangovers. Baltic though as it was october.

We then had a bus organised which took us round a few pubs. We organised lunch in one of them which was decent. Got the bus round the pubs then back to aviemore. Finished off in mambos and then the nightclub which was pretty lively and full of birds (some not bad). Was an excellent stagger.

There was about 35 of us so needed that organisation but well worth it. As mentioned, getting the lodges was worth the dough

Did it a couple of times. Once with the lodges and the other time we hired out the entire Aviemore bunkhouse. Both viable options. 

Aviemore main street has some really dingy neddy pubs and the dancing is a hole so it was ideal really. Would do it again in a flash. You'll have a great time. 

Mate rented out some lodge in the arse end of nowhere, was a good 20 minutes from Aviemore, can't mind all we done up there was shitfaced for most of it. Paintballing and a BBQ and that.

The club in Aviemore is amazing as it's so fucking terrible. Saw a lassie getting pumped against a puggy machine and a guy went up and started playing it without a care in the world about this lassie's arse using up his nudges.

The nightlife is hilarious, so you'll get plenty of laughs for all the wrong reasons probably. The Winking Owl is actually an alright laugh, was busy with Stags and Hens which was good banter. The Doo below is decent as well, the rest are pretty awful. The Vault was pretty awful, absolute sausage-fest and woman would probably make you want to just end up taking one of the lads up the road tbh. Good laugh sort of? 

Zip lining is a good laugh, walk up a hill and basically do some zip lining, if it's been a heavy night you could try and projectile vomit on your mates from up high. 

Try the MacDonald hotel or try split up bookings might help. Good thing about that place is, it has a flume, it might be a really crap flume, but it has one. Nothing like a flume to sort a hangover. 

Overall, I'd say avoid anywhere in Scotland for a stag do mate, if you can, I know it's not always possible. If it is possible, go to Amsterdam or Prague. You might have been, they might be totally played out, but honestly The Dam, RLD and Prague are phenomenal stag destinations. 

Archived