A fully integrated pyramid system - Proposal

edinabear

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 team leagues with the Ayrshire league & central 1st emalgimated basically & the Ardagh/central cups made into knockout

Sounds good!! Something needs done to freshen things up. Bigger leagues is definitely a start

14 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

16 team leagues with the Ayrshire league & central 1st emalgimated basically & the Ardagh/central cups made into knockout

The reform of the Sectional can't come soon enough, and I'm sure the Ayrshire sides feel the same about their competition. The group idea has got stagnant - as a result so many teams just use it as an extended preseason now...

Muirkirk Twitter called Whitletts devious for there proposal on reconstruction. Also heard another couple of teams were working on proposals, so hopefully we might get some changes.

1 minute ago, Terry Tibbs said:

Muirkirk Twitter called Whitletts devious for there proposal on reconstruction. Also heard another couple of teams were working on proposals, so hopefully we might get some changes.

I could see some sides being against it I suppose - Muirkirk for example will probably be reluctant to lose early season home gates against the likes of Talbot and Cumnock in the league cup section.

Pyramid system a load of cods wallop ! its all fantasy football ! junior football is good its not perfect nothing is . remember this aint England scotland's to small for this nonsense if you want to be in the  pyramid  join the phoney boloney lowdown leauge

9 minutes ago, eamonn said:

Pyramid system a load of cods wallop ! its all fantasy football ! junior football is good its not perfect nothing is . remember this aint England scotland's to small for this nonsense if you want to be in the  pyramid  join the phoney boloney lowdown leauge

Bollocks 

9 hours ago, edinabear said:

I posted this recently on the LL section of the forum. I realise that many are against any type of proposals to merge with Senior football. If the League Pyramid was set up similarly to the attached would this be more plausible for Juniors to join? There would be at least 2 up and 2 down in each league so it should even out eventually. Would also propose 2 relegation places from League 2. Tin hat firmly on!

Pyramid restructure.xlsx

With a few tweeks here and there, such as dumping the B sides and with clubs from the EoS and SoS integrated at the right level, it's something along these lines that Scottish football needs to be aiming for. I'd also include League 2 sides into this as we have too many playing nationally, but self interest would ensure that wouldn;t happen just yet.

All that said, looks like the West Region are resurrecting the fully integrated idea that was eventually voted down a few seasons back

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/its-time-west-region-juniors-9618100#ICID=sharebar_twitter

Pyramid for me is the way ahead. Regionalised at the bottom and promotion optional, if you don't want to climb you can stand aside and let someone else do it. Everyone can find their level.

19 hours ago, KilsythCoyle said:

There's no way my own club Kilsyth would agree to change to a league format such as this, as it's an expense as it is travelling to the Ayrshire clubs, never mind to the the likes of Newton Stewart, Theave Rovers or Wigton etc. 

Im sure most supporters of other clubs would echo these thoughts on this.

I understand your point but is travelling 2hrs 6-7 times a season for a game considered too far and too expensive?

I understand your point but is travelling 2hrs 6-7 times a season for a game considered too far and too expensive?

It is if your club are just managing to keep going financially , 6/7 buses at the prices they charge now ? Kill some clubs , unless they get some help from there respective region , a wouldnt bet on that one.

I saw someone mention floodlights too, don't get me wrong it would be great to see them in grounds and to play midweek games from time to time. But the reality is a lot of clubs simply cannot afford them as they don't come cheap.

If it was a whole single body and knowing the SFA then this would probably be a criteria clubs must meet. What about clubs who can't afford it? Will the governing bodies step in and pay for floodlights? I very much doubt it.

Then where does that leave the less financially stable clubs?

Change definitely is needed from top to bottom of Scottish football but it has to be well thought about and not rushed into as I've said. There must be a way that will benefit every club and not just the "chosen few"

You're not going to benefit every club, but should we hold back on reform because a few clubs don't want to pay for buses?

Clubs need to cut their cloth to suit financially, for too long players have been paid stupid money for playing at middle of the road clubs where facilities leave a lot to be desired.

A sensible conversation needs to begin on this, the pyramid isn't going to go away and the SJFA sticking their head in the sand isn't going to benefit member clubs.

Archived