Tassimo / coffee machine

When I added up what I was spending in a year on coffee at work (nearly £400) I decided to start making use of the kettle in the communal area.

That started off with Nescafe Azera, but then graduated into ground coffee when I was given a cafetiere mug in secret santa last year. This year's secret santa was a grinding machine, so I'm now looking into buying the beans. In my excitement to test it out I bought Lavazza beans from Asda which are OK but I'd like to find a bean or blend of different beans that's really nice. A trip to Braithwaites will probably be in order, although I'll finish of what's left of my pre-ground stuff first.

I have also realised that the current secret santa trajectory is for me to get a roasting machine next (well, this) year :lol:

I think they're a bit shit if you're in to real coffee. Not hot enough and the range of pods is too limited. They're quite handy if you're in a rush and can't be bothered with making a pot and faffing about with milk frothers and stuff though. 

I think they're a bit shit if you're in to real coffee. Not hot enough and the range of pods is too limited. They're quite handy if you're in a rush and can't be bothered with making a pot and faffing about with milk frothers and stuff though. 

Yeah agree not hot enough so I put boiling water in container not a fan of the tea pods though

Is coffee not meant to be something like 82*degree and not boiling?

edit. Just checked and it is between 91 and 96. It burns at 100 degree apparently but I can't see much difference that 4 degrees would make.

36 minutes ago, Lisa Cuddy said:

I only use mine to set me up from getting through breakfast/dressing/out door with kids.

as such the slightly colder temp is perfect as means I can neck it lol

Just now, Rowan said:

I only use mine to set me up from getting through breakfast/dressing/out door with kids.

as such the slightly colder temp is perfect as means I can neck it lol

I use mine to fill my travel mug for the journey in to work! 

Got a Dolce Gusto machine at home and in work and use them both far too much to be healthy.

As other have noted, they follow the home printer model by making the hardware cheap and consumables expensive. There is also far too much waste packaging. However, they just taste so much better than instant or even most shop bought coffee in my opinion. You also avoid some goon writing your name on the cup or asking if you want their special Kenyan roast for an extra £25.

We use Grande Intenso normally. But if you are like me and prefer it strong, thick and black (and quite frankly, who doesn't?) then try the Barista and Risteretto Ardenza varieties. If you buy the multi boxes through Amazon or Dolce Gusto direct it works out about 25p-30p a go.

Archived