Tassimo / coffee machine

I got a dolce gusto one a couple of years ago, the machine was cheap but obviously pods are expensive so i go on and off it tbh. Not had a coffee out of it for a couple of months I don't think.

I got a dolce gusto one a couple of years ago, the machine was cheap but obviously pods are expensive so i go on and off it tbh. Not had a coffee out of it for a couple of months I don't think.

Seen the dolce gusto machine as well. My girlfriend got me Oreo pods for my machine but didn't like it[emoji107]

They sold the dolce gusto ones at half price about 2 years ago and there was a craze for them - you obviously think you're getting a good deal but the pods are quite expensive at £4 for 8 servings. Doesn't take too long for two of us to go through that! Would quite like to buy a proper nice machine one day though:

Just buy an Italian style moka pot, makes a decent espresso and you can use whatever ground coffee you like, instead of being tied to one brand of pods.

I agree with this - the pod machines are just a classless piece of work really. They are quick and convenient though.

16 minutes ago, FlyerTon said:

Bought one and only used a couple of times.  

Usually make this coffee though (about £4 a jar)

IDShot_540x540.jpg

Same as you. Don't usually have coffee, so I'll be fucked if I shell out for one of those machines to look like George Clooney.

57 minutes ago, throbber said:

They sold the dolce gusto ones at half price about 2 years ago and there was a craze for them - you obviously think you're getting a good deal but the pods are quite expensive at £4 for 8 servings. Doesn't take too long for two of us to go through that! Would quite like to buy a proper nice machine one day though:

I got one too, some of the coffee is great but pricey as you say. Tried a slightly cheaper brand that fits the machine but it tasted like sawdust. Wish now that I got a Nespresso machine, you can get loads of the pods for fuckall in places like Spain and bring back a years supply.

I have a Tassimo, the main ones I use are the Costa Americano, Kenco Americano XL and the Cafe Crema. 

Worth every penny, I never use the kettle for coffee now and the cafetière is too fidgety to take apart and put in the dishwasher. 

Used to have a Tassimo before I moved out, got a cafetière now. Quite like making a pot of coffee on a Saturday and Sunday morning and sitting in the kitchen like an arsehole listening to Radio 4.

I must ratttle through about six espresso Tassimo a day and a few cafetières too. Pour a couple into a glass of milk with ice before gym too. Good value little machine. The coffee doesn't taste great but does the job and missus gets me crate loads of the pods from Amazon. 

Use an Andrew James espresso machine and have a De'Longhi burr grinder. Hope to upgrade to more advanced machines in a few years. Don't use pods because I'm not a fucking philistine and actually like good coffee.

Just now, NorthernJambo said:

Got a dolce gusto one but rarely use it. Much prefer using the cafetière or just normal instant coffee. If I'm getting pods it's usually mocha or caramel latte

Give the Grande Intenso a go if you like strong tasting coffee. Superb. Only seen it online.

6 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Load of fuss and nonsense IMO. Just stick with this stuff... you'll not notice the difference. 

article-2255626-16B69B1C000005DC-221_306

I thought this would be more your thing, your reverence.

camp-coffee.jpg

Archived