Arbroath vs Annan Athletic

24 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Out of the other 9 teams I still think Elgin are the best side in the league. Play offs will be extremely tough, especially seeing as well probably have them in the semis. Looking like a harder game than the final, IF we make the play offs that is. Got to keep plugging away, there's still 45 points to play for.

On what basis do you think it would a harder game against Elgin than it would be against say Stenhousemuir or Brechin from Div 1 have you seen any first division games this year ?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On what basis do you think it would a harder game against Elgin than it would be against say Stenhousemuir or Brechin from Div 1 have you seen any first division games this year ?

No I have not. But being a 9th placed team in the play offs is always tough, always felt that way when we were in it. Teams usually on a downer after a long season whilst the teams at the top in the league below are right at it and have won most weeks. Ourselves Forfar and Elgin would be doing away fine in the league above too I think.

Elgin are definitely the team id be most worried about though, when they're at it they're at it, only 7 goals behind Celtic I'm sure in the goals for column.

Not looked at league one in a while but are Brechin really in the mix at the bottom?

8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

No I have not. But being a 9th placed team in the play offs is always tough, always felt that way when we were in it. Teams usually on a downer after a long season whilst the teams at the top in the league below are right at it and have won most weeks. Ourselves Forfar and Elgin would be doing away fine in the league above too I think.

Elgin are definitely the team id be most worried about though, when they're at it they're at it, only 7 goals behind Celtic I'm sure in the goals for column.

Not looked at league one in a while but are Brechin really in the mix at the bottom?

We are currently 3rd top and there is not much between most teams in the league and I  remember Forfar last year!! so you never know especially if our injury problems do not improve soon 

5 hours ago, Best Team in Angus said:

I went & watched the Brechin v East Fife game back in December. (At the glebe, not tv) Game was pretty poor, pitch definitely didn't help matters & Brechin low on confidence. Have to say I don't think there's much between top half of league 2 & majority of league 1. Hence why a few of us are yo-yo clubs.

I went & watched the Brechin v East Fife game back in December. (At the glebe, not tv) Game was pretty poor, pitch definitely didn't help matters & Brechin low on confidence. Have to say I don't think there's much between top half of league 2 & majority of league 1. Hence why a few of us are yo-yo clubs.

Top 3 in league 2 would be fine in league 1 .

We should have been 3 or 4 up by half-time = fact.

Their keeper should have been sent off and we should have got a penalty with the Fearns incident = fact.

They should not have got a penalty as Gomez touched the ball before player = fact.

We should have had a free kick in a good position from the pass back which never happened = fact.

What Suker was doing given away the corner=kick for their goal was unreal = fact.

We cannot defend set pieces against 6ft 4" plus defenders/strikers as we lack height throughout the team = fact.

The ball WAS over the line in the last minute the keeper grabbed it and held it on the line after it was over = fact.

Their keeper was superb and lucky at the same time = fact.

Our finishing overall was poor = fact.

Our corner kicks were poor (majority never got over the 1st defender) = fact.

Our throw-ins are clueless and always go to the opposition = fact.

So in short it was our fault for not burying our countless chances but also we were robbed with numerous bad decision from the terrible ref and linesmen.

But onwards and upwards Red Lichties as we did play well.

18 minutes ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Their keeper should have been sent off and we should have got a penalty with the Fearns incident = fact.

They should not have got a penalty as Gomez touched the ball before player = fact.

We should have had a free kick in a good position from the pass back which never happened = fact.

What Suker was doing given away the corner=kick for their goal was unreal = fact.

We cannot defend set pieces against 6ft 4" plus defenders/strikers as we lack height throughout the team = fact.

The ball WAS over the line in the last minute the keeper grabbed it and held it on the line after it was over = fact.

So in short it was our fault for not burying our countless chances but also we were robbed with numerous bad decision from the terrible ref and linesmen.

Pretty much all of the above is true, except the ball was not over the line

[emoji23]

1 hour ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Watch the highlights again. The ball was passed back towards the keeper but it deflects very slightly off of Jimmy Scott's boot before the keeper picked it up. So as the last touch was by the attacking team it cannot be classed as a back pass.

Just now, WT Figo said:

Watch the highlights again. The ball was passed back towards the keeper but it deflects very slightly off of Jimmy Scott's boot before the keeper picked it up. So as the last touch was by the attacking team it cannot be classed as a back pass = fact

FTFY = fact! ;)

Thank you. That makes even less sense now than it didn't before. I am not sure if you watched the highlights again and agree with me or are telling me I am wrong (which I am not BTW {see I have some of those too})!

Archived