BEITH v AUCHINLECK

maicoman

1 minute ago, Bellsdale Boy said:

The Daily Record reporter and the SJFA Supervisor both commented that the Talbot pen was a minimum of 3 yards offside, maybe more. The referee explained after the match that he knew it was offside and was waiting on the flag but thought his lino had a better view and didn't want to overrule him!!

Anyway, it's done now. Well done Talbot. Hard to take but got to take your chances.

Perhaps we will see in the video, what was your take on Beith penalty, did the ball not come off a Beith hand prior? Beith struggled with Talbot's pressing game today I thought, was happy with Talbot's fitness, they played some nice football in an ultra competitive match. Every game these two have met this season Beith have had a good sustained spell, never materialised today. There were loads of contestable decisions, Beith number 2 should have walked end of first half for losing the ball and subsequently pulling the player down, had just been booked. The team with most possession and pressure won, deservedly! 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beith penalty could well have been handball but I was behind Sheridan so hard to see - will need to see Aaron's video. Not as bad a decision as the Talbot penalty. Didn't think we played anywhere near as well as we can today but our keeper never had a save of note to make.

The Daily Record reporter and the SJFA Supervisor both commented that the Talbot pen was a minimum of 3 yards offside, maybe more. The referee explained after the match that he knew it was offside and was waiting on the flag but thought his lino had a better view and didn't want to overrule him!!

Anyway, it's done now. Well done Talbot. Hard to take but got to take your chances.

Thought it was a poor game with not a lot of football. Basically swung on too pens. For the Talbot pen, Graham Wilson is miles offside, the lineman knew it so started to put his flag up. He then looked at the ref as if scared to make the decision and then eventually did nothing! It was an absolute shocker! Anyway all the best to Talbot next round. 

These are the worries of the losing team. The ref was poor and should have red carded at least one of your defenders. Beith tried to bully their way to a win and we're caught out. The game was not a shocker it was played at a high tempo where nerves from both teams showed overall the best team won by a country mile no matter whatever a reporter or a suit from the sjfa say.

We are Talbot and never write us off.

16 minutes ago, Bellsdale Boy said:

Beith penalty could well have been handball but I was behind Sheridan so hard to see - will need to see Aaron's video. Not as bad a decision as the Talbot penalty. Didn't think we played anywhere near as well as we can today but our keeper never had a save of note to make.

How can a ball blocked by hands not be as bad as a suspected offside? Please explain? 

How can a ball blocked by hands not be as bad as a suspected offside? Please explain? 

Because Sheridan was about a yard away from the player clearing the ball so probably not deliberate and the referee was also the wrong side to see it. If I see it again and it is so obvious then I will change my mind.

The offside was as blatant as you'll see and the linesman was right in line, went to flag, everyone including Wilson stopped, then the lino changed his mind and kept running.

Game had a lot of nerves on show from both sets of players, Talbot did have a lot of the ball and pressure but cant really remember Grindlay in the beith goal having  great deal to do, Leishman made one or 2 excellent saves especially with the over head kick in the second. In the lead up to the penalty the talbot boy was at least 3 or 4 yards off side. Also thought all the officials were out their depth for a game between 2 of the games giants, ref let too much go.... Best of luck to Bot in next round and hopefully we will see Beith now mount a severe challenge for the league ..

As a neutral I'd say it was very even. Two hardworking physical teams with not a lot between them going head to head.
I honestly thought a draw would have been fair.
The Talbot forward was well offside as I was in line with it at the entrance to the park side.
The linesman appeared to raise his flag halfway, everyone seemed to stop and then he lowered it.
Tough on being and thy try hey must be sick going out the Scottish like that.
Young linesman got it wrong but it was so far offside I thought the ref may have intervened.

As a neutral I'd say it was very even. Two hardworking physical teams with not a lot between them going head to head.
I honestly thought a draw would have been fair.
The Talbot forward was well offside as I was in line with it at the entrance to the park side.
The linesman appeared to raise his flag halfway, everyone seemed to stop and then he lowered it.
Tough on being and thy try hey must be sick going out the Scottish like that.
Young linesman got it wrong but it was so far offside I thought the ref may have intervened.

Ifs and buts, Always felt we were going to score at some point.

How it happened is just the way it goes sometimes

Talbot were hungrier and won most of the second balls and had a bit more possession but neither team had any cutting edge both defences played well and beith were slightly fortunate not to get a man sent off before half time but Wilson the number 10 one raised his elbows at least 3 times I never seen the beith penalty as was working didn't get there til just after it a mate who is an Auchinleck fan said it's one he would of shouted for but equally felt hard done to when it was given Leishman is the best goalie in junior football and his save from the overhead kick in 2nd half was brilliant Talbot Marshalled there back line great and stopped beiths midfield getting a grip on game as for Talbot penalty I don't think it was 4 yards offside but I think it was but the first thing your taught when playing football is play to whistle and Talbot did where beith stopped and big stevie brought the boy down and gotta admit Wilson kept his cool after a long delay and slotted the penalty in Auchinleck are the benchmark always will be in just felt they didn't create much chances and would of been quite happy to leave with a replay

Talbot were hungrier and won most of the second balls and had a bit more possession but neither team had any cutting edge both defences played well and beith were slightly fortunate not to get a man sent off before half time but Wilson the number 10 one raised his elbows at least 3 times I never seen the beith penalty as was working didn't get there til just after it a mate who is an Auchinleck fan said it's one he would of shouted for but equally felt hard done to when it was given Leishman is the best goalie in junior football and his save from the overhead kick in 2nd half was brilliant Talbot Marshalled there back line great and stopped beiths midfield getting a grip on game as for Talbot penalty I don't think it was 4 yards offside but I think it was but the first thing your taught when playing football is play to whistle and Talbot did where beith stopped and big stevie brought the boy down and gotta admit Wilson kept his cool after a long delay and slotted the penalty in Auchinleck are the benchmark always will be in just felt they didn't create much chances and would of been quite happy to leave with a replay

Brilliant and accurate view of the game aswell as gracious.
Goes to show that there are very decent Beith posters on here.

Maybe some should take a leaf out of yer book.

Archived