BEITH v AUCHINLECK

maicoman

Looking forward to it  Big Mark sailed through the Largs game after getting taken off last week so it will be only 1 player missing in Nicky who has been out for months  Seen in another thread that Talbot would have had 3 players missing yesterday Are they all injured?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These games are what it's all about hope we win and go onto retain the cup...let's hope the it's the best footballing team on the day that wins and not any controversial refereeing.

Be very tight game. I'm. Going for. 6  nil Beith lol

Will Johnny use the 352 from the Scottish Cup games - it worked for Pollok two weeks ago. A couple of forwards stopping the talbot full backs launching big diagonals and a spare man in midfield to stop Whitey and co imposing themselves and winning second balls? Whatever he does, stopping Pope is a big part of nullifying Talbot's build up. Beith's stand in left back can expect a searching examination. Tucker hasn't yet found a way to counter Beith's breaking players and each time he has sat deeper Beith have scored from 20- 25 yards. Fascinating contest.

Will Johnny use the 352 from the Scottish Cup games - it worked for Pollok two weeks ago. A couple of forwards stopping the talbot full backs launching big diagonals and a spare man in midfield to stop Whitey and co imposing themselves and winning second balls? Whatever he does, stopping Pope is a big part of nullifying Talbot's build up. Beith's stand in left back can expect a searching examination. Tucker hasn't yet found a way to counter Beith's breaking players and each time he has sat deeper Beith have scored from 20- 25 yards. Fascinating contest.

Everyone always looking to take Talbot down with their tactics lol.

But as I said before, you'll know. [emoji23]

2 hours ago, manintheknow said:

Need Nicky Dockerty playing before they can go 352 Think he is back training but sure they will stick with Macca who has done fine since he has came in

I would expect the winners of this tie to go all the way to the final; therefore I'll stick my neck out and predict that the losers will win the league.

Both teams would settle for that! I can't remember the last time Talbot went 4 games without beating the opposition in games that matter. They will bring an edge into this tie.

It pains me to say this but Beith have Neutralised us in recent games.

Our players ( all of them) have not turned up on the day.

Hoping to hell we don't get a drubbing this weekend but not optimistic with this one.

IMO a few of our lads don't realise the importance of playing for Talbot...and they know who they are.

Looking forward to the game, for me Talbot will be favourites due to their amazing Scottish cup pedigree and when it comes to the occasion of the cup then very few step up to the plate like Talbot . 
True to form this season though we could be doing it all again come the 28th . 

Always chuckle and curious to see this daftie posts more or less after I post. For someone who has blocked me he has excellent timing of knowing when to post [emoji23] hmmm????

I'd have put my eye teeth on Hertha spinning out his usual line of "we'll be underdogs".
Do you see it as some kind of good luck charm?

Cup holders, best placed to win the league and home advantage on a 1:5 gradient. You'll be favourites. Simple.

Having said that it's a stick on draw for me too. With a reversal of the big Scottish scoreline in the replay this time.
Mon the Talbot!

Archived