St Johnstone v Stenhousemuir

andrewh

Well it helped drum up a bit of publicity for the match. Wonder if all those Saints fans who were not going to bother will bother now.

Imagine some will find another excuse

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a season ticket holder I hadn't even considered going to this at £23 even though I'll be back home visiting Family in Kinross for the weekend. Tempted now at the lower price providing my niece hasn't been born yet, due yesterday mind you so I wont hold my breath.

8 hours ago, shootingboots said:

I see that St Johnstone charge Rangers and Celtic £27 compared to £23 for the rest of the league.

A saving of at least £8 :) 

4 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

If you pay £23 to watch this game on Saturday then you have literally no life.

Come now, no need to be like that. I can afford it ;) 

Now it's £15, we can all go :thumsup2

5 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

*shudder*

I still see that ball floating in at the back post in my nightmares. Was it Main in goal that day?

No. He was wandering out by the touchline somewhere :)

9 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

"We didnt want to devalue the fixture or the competition by agreeing to a significant price reduction"

Aye fucking right then.. that was your reason was it? 

I've always found Stenhousemuir a decent club. In particular, when attending with a fan with a disability, their response has been better by far than either of Celtic or Rangers - you can add in many of the premiership clubs too.

In this instance they got it wrong initially, but have now adopted a more reasonable position leading to a sensible outcome.

3 hours ago, CEMSFC said:

We advertise it as Kids get in free if they get a season ticket. If they don't by a season ticket it is £6 for each game

Is Flybhoy going by what he/she thinks rather than the facts or the particular matter which I mentioned?

I did say that I had found Stenhousemuir to be a decent club regarding disability.

I also said that I had found that Celtic are one of those big clubs who are not as decent to deal with as Stenhiusemuir regarding disability.

Either last season or the season before Stenny covered up their regular prices with bits of paper with a higher price while Pars supporters were queuing so their behaviour here until they were shamed by St. Johnstone doesn't surprise me.

40 minutes ago, GordieBoy80 said:

Either last season or the season before Stenny covered up their regular prices with bits of paper with a higher price while Pars supporters were queuing so their behaviour here until they were shamed by St. Johnstone doesn't surprise me.

We done that because the prices were changed for the visit of Dunfermline. More fans = more money = more stewards. 

Simple.

We done that because the prices were changed for the visit of Dunfermline. More fans = more money = more stewards. 
Simple.

Slapping bits of paper up with an increased price while fans are queueing is highly unprofessional don't you think?

Only Cowdenbeath and Stenhousemuir saw fit to charge us more than other clubs when we were in League 1.

2 hours ago, GordieBoy80 said:

Slapping bits of paper up with an increased price while fans are queueing is highly unprofessional don't you think?

Only Cowdenbeath and Stenhousemuir saw fit to charge us more than other clubs when we were in League 1.

Oh well, I'm sorry not every team is as perfect as Dunfermline.

4 hours ago, GordieBoy80 said:

They had a three tier price structure IIRC.  

They also started the initiative where if you bring your season ticket you get in at a lower price (they didn't bother checking if you had one either)

So they put up the pricing when the turnstiles were just opening, I assume. This was to avoid the kids who were at Ochilview playing football in the morning, ripping it down. Now as I said not every team is perfect like Dunfermline. So move along and support your team.

That is nothing at all like what he is describing, the normal admission price which is displayed had card/paper on top with a new price of 2 or 3 quid extra to cash in on the larger support from the likes of Ayr Utd and Dunfermline which, lets be honest you knew full well what he meant.

Archived