St Johnstone v Stenhousemuir

andrewh

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So St Johnstone bump the prices up for the Old Firm coming to town to rake in some extra coin but Stenny aren't entitled to do the same? The club can't really have it both ways. If they're willing to fleece their own fans when bigger clubs come to town then they have no right to moan when smaller clubs visit and try and make some extra money from the occasion. 

http://perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/post/scottish-cup-tie-admission-info17117

Thar she blows, particularly...

The club wishes to apologise to supporters that a Premiership match pricing structure is in place for this cup tie. Despite protracted negotiations with our opponents, we have been unable to convince Stenhousemuir FC to adopt a sensible pricing structure for this game such as that agreed between Aberdeen FC and Stranraer FC for their tie (£15/£10/£5) and Scottish Cup rules state that when opponents cannot agree on a pricing structure then “the charges which are normally made for the regular fixtures of the club at whose ground the match is to be played, will apply.”

Regrettably, this means that adults will be asked to pay £5 more than they did for our League Cup tie versus Heart of Midlothian FC in August.

I'm keen to see if Stenhousemuir respond to this but after reading the statement on the St Johnstone website, it's pretty embarrassing from our club. £23 is a massive turn off for this fixture, especially as it's coming up towards the end of a long January, and I think our club will be worse off.

Shame!

Just now, Honest Saints Fan said:

Don't we bump up OF games because it costs us more to host them? 

Pretty much, Policing costs are double every old firm match for Aberdeen according to a recent report on their website, so I imagine most other clubs are in the same boat. 

13 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

http://perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/post/scottish-cup-tie-admission-info17117

Thar she blows, particularly...

The club wishes to apologise to supporters that a Premiership match pricing structure is in place for this cup tie. Despite protracted negotiations with our opponents, we have been unable to convince Stenhousemuir FC to adopt a sensible pricing structure for this game such as that agreed between Aberdeen FC and Stranraer FC for their tie (£15/£10/£5) and Scottish Cup rules state that when opponents cannot agree on a pricing structure then “the charges which are normally made for the regular fixtures of the club at whose ground the match is to be played, will apply.”

Regrettably, this means that adults will be asked to pay £5 more than they did for our League Cup tie versus Heart of Midlothian FC in August.

So in this which I had already read.  Where does it say abything contrary to my opinion? 

11 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

So in this which I had already read.  Where does it say abything contrary to my opinion? 

Perhaps you could then reproduce the bit that makes it just as easy to say Saints wanted more money.

1 minute ago, 7-2 said:

Perhaps you could then reproduce the bit that makes it just as easy to say Saints wanted more money.

we have been unable to convince Stenhousemuir FC to adopt a sensible pricing structure for this game

Absolutely disgraceful stuff from Stenhousemuir. I for one will absolutely not be going to this. I can gurantee that this will be an embarrassingly low crowd.

Weren't Stenny one of the clubs that voted to let Rangers in Div 1 as well? What a shower of c***s.

9 minutes ago, CEMSFC said:

People forgetting the fact that St Johnstone could just be covering up the fact that they were the ones who put the prices high.

Unlikely to put out a statement like that if they were though? 

And surely there'd be some kind of reply from Stenny

Well seeing the pricing I for one won't be attending now. As a student and a new father I can safely say I have much better things to spend 23 pounds on that st.johnstone stenny. I grudge paying the 13 pounds but that's been standard at ochilview. No way would I ever pay 23 pounds for this.

Railcard included I can travel and watch the shire for a similar price to the 23 pounds.

30 minutes ago, Ayrshire-SFC said:

Well seeing the pricing I for one won't be attending now. As a student and a new father I can safely say I have much better things to spend 23 pounds on that st.johnstone stenny. I grudge paying the 13 pounds but that's been standard at ochilview. No way would I ever pay 23 pounds for this.

Railcard included I can travel and watch the shire for a similar price to the 23 pounds.

By the sound of things Saints wanted to charge £15, Stenny pushed for the Premiership pricing though

6 hours ago, CEMSFC said:

People forgetting the fact that St Johnstone could just be covering up the fact that they were the ones who put the prices high.

No professional club  worth their salt are going to lie like that in a public statement.

This is pretty embarrassing. I was working anyway but I know of about 10 people off the bat who were going and won't now. 

Crowd will be around 500 I think. Even if we did make another couple of thousands from this pricing structure is that really worth fleecing an already dwindling support?

Shambles.

The reaction of our fan base seems to suggest this could struggle to reach 1000, as swathes are suggesting they'll stay away to "get it up Stenhousemuir" for forcing the prices up, especially with end of January/February being an expensive couple of weeks for Saints fans.

Shame.

Archived