St Johnstone v Stenhousemuir

andrewh

Still remember the last minute draw in 1995 at McDiarmid. I thought Stenny deserved that much at the time. It was followed by a 4-0 thrashing at Ochilview in the replay.

There'll be no repeat of that this time. Easy win for the Saints?

Just realised we're at home to a team second from bottom in the league.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a good draw for Saints and should offer Tommy Wright the opportunity to ease into 5 games in 16 days, with Celtic Park looming on Wednesday night. Saints have had a couple of comfortable wins over Stenhousemuir in the not too distant past and have generally been unbothered by clubs from the bottom two divisions over the past decade, scoring 3+ goals in 9/13 wins over that time.

I'd give Mannus and Watson a game and go with MacLean and Cummins up front, with a view to going with Kane on his own on Wednesday night. Liam Craig's goal threat from central midfield would get him the nod as well.

Hopefully sensible prices announced today.

£23 is an absolute joke. Not a chance I'll be heading down for this. I've read the article so I don't need to be told about the rules regarding it having no option but to be the usual price. Just can't believe negotiations between the club couldn't muster a sensible solution. Sub 2000 crowd imo.

£23 is an absolute joke. Not a chance I'll be heading down for this. I've read the article so I don't need to be told about the rules regarding it having no option but to be the usual price. Just can't believe negotiations between the club couldn't muster a sensible solution. Sub 2000 crowd imo.

If the club hadn't offered a cup top up this year, I'd suggest it might even have been into three figures.

Completely counter productive way to go about doing that though. Hope they earn next to nothing.

I'm not hugely convinced the support will be that much different from what it would be.

I've not any maths on it, but 1500 at £23 is £34,500, while 2000 at £15 is £30,000. A 500 fan difference is nearly £5k.

Can't remember exactly how they split ticket prices but I'd imagine a couple of grand could be handy, and it's not as if we're not guilty of it aswell considering the prices for Celtic/Rangers matches.

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

So, in short Stenhousemuir wanted more money? 

Could be a record low attendance on saturday. 

Could just as easily be said St Johnstone wanted more money tbh. 

Archived