Morton v Falkirk

AyrshireTon

20 minutes ago, Cowshed118 said:

Watched McDonagh tonight down Ardrossan, played upfront which suggests to me he will play with Oliver on Saturday, scored 2 aswell.

You sure? Official Twitter says Orr got the goals (and Mitchell).

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Until this last year, Morton had a pretty patchy home record and that was mostly down to the team being poor at breaking down teams that came and sat in and very often suckered us on the break.  What you say about Luca strikes a chord although I can't remember specific incidents of this involving him as such.  I dare say there were some though.
What has sorted that for us is having a much more mobile central midfield who get up and down the park quickly and offer much better cover to our back line.  Maybe your problem is not Luca?

We certainly have more problems than him, agreed.

21 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

I disagree that would not be funny in the slightest wee bit imho x

I doubt he'll even come on anyway. He got another contract extension and barely getting any game time. He came on the other week when Kudus went off injured after 5 mins and didn't really take his chance.

When's quitongo back for you lot?
Edit: made a fuckin mess of his name there [emoji38].

Probably a couple of months tbh. Had a knee op a couple of weeks ago. Should hopefully be back on the pitch in March some time to fire us to the play-offs/Scottish cup final.

-------------------rogers------------
Muirhead gaspo grant gallacher
--------------------kerr---------------------
---aird--------------------------leahy-------
------------------sibbald--------------------
---------mchugh----------hippo---------

Miller to come on second half

Swap Kidd for Muirhead and I'm on board.

11 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

-------------------rogers------------
Muirhead gaspo grant gallacher
--------------------kerr---------------------
---aird--------------------------leahy-------
------------------sibbald--------------------
---------mchugh----------hippo---------

Miller to come on second half

Please could you email to the club F.A.O. Peter Houston. Needs all the help he can get.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I see his future upfront. Bear in mind we have seen him get on the last man a few times and calmly slot in a 1 on 1. He is perhaps our most calm and able player in that scenario.

Prefer to see him stay put for now though

Maybe if you give Housto the heaveho you might do better.

Looking forward to this. As boring a draw as it is, at least it's two evenly-matched sides.

Regardless of what choice Duffy makes on who to put upfront with Oliver - McDonagh, Scullion :lol:, move Nesbitt up - I really hope he sticks with Russell at left back rather than bringing Lamie in and putting Russell in midfield. Our games with Falkirk have been tight and having both full-backs capable of overlapping could be crucial in breaking them down, rather than putting Russell in midfield and allowing Falkirk to double up on him with Lamie not overlapping, making it easy for them to negate any threat from our left.

Archived