Morton v Falkirk

AyrshireTon

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Houstons fear of getting beat means we wouldn't see a team remotely close to that.

Teams should fear us, not the other way round.

It's been our biggest problem over the past few years, we don't know how to impose ourselves in games that we're the favourites. Although by no way, shape or form are we favourites for this game

Supporting Morton and optimism are strange bedfellows... but we don't seem to fear anyone at Cappielow this season and the team has a never say die approach to games. Falkirk will be a tough test for us and I can imagine this being a tense affair, probably decided by a controversial decision. We had a stonewall penalty denied us in the St Mirren game and got a questionable one in our favour V Dumbarton and I can't help feeling that the ref will have a big influence on the outcome once again.

Neither team particularly wanted another 'Championship' match up but it could be a cracking game, still. Looking forward to it now.

Our limited options up front are a bit of a concern.

This should be a more difficult test than the parade of complete and utter dross that we've generally beaten over the last six weeks. Our performance on Saturday showed some welcome signs of improvement, but I don't think that we're back to top form yet.

1-1.

How's Luca doing for you lot anyway?

Up and down. Does well when it is all hands to the pump games (Easter Road, 20 minutes at EEP, Ayr away) when we are under pressure, then struggles when teams are sitting in hitting on the break.

Until this last year, Morton had a pretty patchy home record and that was mostly down to the team being poor at breaking down teams that came and sat in and very often suckered us on the break.  What you say about Luca strikes a chord although I can't remember specific incidents of this involving him as such.  I dare say there were some though.

What has sorted that for us is having a much more mobile central midfield who get up and down the park quickly and offer much better cover to our back line.  Maybe your problem is not Luca?

Yeah could be McDonut up front with Oliver rather than Nesbitt. McDonut isn't automatically going to reclaim the right back berth that he seemed to be making his own either as Doyle has been excellent since coming back in.

Good to have competition and decisions to make in some positions though but still light up top with Shankland cup tied.

This is the sort of game that Jim sometimes opts for Lamie and left back, Russell left mid with Nesbitt on the bench. Nesbitt has been doing well so wouldn't say i'd agree with that.

Should be a good game. Falkirk next up to challenge our unbeaten run at Cappielow.

If McDonagh does start then I'd drop Nesbitt. McDonagh will bring you the pace. Start Tidser to bring you the quality. Nesbitt will do as an impact sub.

54 minutes ago, GiGi said:

If McDonagh does start then I'd drop Nesbitt. McDonagh will bring you the pace. Start Tidser to bring you the quality. Nesbitt will do as an impact sub.

Yeah, hard to disagree with that, but it would have to be Tidser in the middle playing off Oliver and McDonagh wide on the left, for me.

59 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Just because he's done well at right back and Kudus has been atrocious in all conceivable forms doesn't hide the fact that McDonut has been equally useless in his turns upfront.

Scullion in the hole behind Oliver plz

Scullion will not start. Get over it.

Archived