Morton v Falkirk

AyrshireTon

Falkirk were the better side for the first 30 minutes but as soon as we scored we took control. That second half was a joy to watch in the way we controlled the game, completely dominant in setting the tempo and even when Falkirk had the ball we repeatedly forced them to lose it cheaply with the way we kept our shape and gave them no way through. All they had in that second half was Sibbald floating crosses into Gaston's arms. I love this midfield.
Gary Oliver though, what a performance.

Pretty much agree with this.

Had Craigen scored then maybe it would be different, not convinced though.

I thought after Morton scored they were head and shoulders the best side we have played this season. If they can catch Dundee Utd and keep playing like that they have more than a squeak of going up IMO.

Us on the other hand - rotten and getting worse.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

Putting you aside, can anyone tell me if the WDE being open and concrete mean that there is a more relaxed stance on smoking? There were groups of smokers by the stairs in full view of the stewards so I'm guessing a blind eye is turned?

I believe 'uncovered areas' are excluded from the smoking ban in the clubs policy on smoking.

We'd need to fancy most teams at Cappielow really. Other than maybe the top 4 teams in the country I can't see many other teams getting drawn at Morton and being overly confident about their chances. 

So I'm sure we'll be drawn away at Rangers or some shite. 

That game was just like watching diddies v elite like Killie at Parkhead or Bari at the San Siro or Zwolle at De Kuip. Diddies (Falkirk in this instance) start well, miss a few chances, everyone says "what if?" but the superior team (Morton) just stroll it as tho' it was never in doubt.

That game was just like watching diddies v elite like Killie at Parkhead or Bari at the San Siro or Zwolle at De Kuip. Diddies (Falkirk in this instance) start well, miss a few chances, everyone says "what if?" but the superior team (Morton) just stroll it as tho' it was never in doubt.

You leave the mighty PEC out of this.

4 hours ago, GiGi said:

We'd need to fancy most teams at Cappielow really. Other than maybe the top 4 teams in the country I can't see many other teams getting drawn at Morton and being overly confident about their chances. 

So I'm sure we'll be drawn away at Rangers or some shite. 

WHIT MA LIKE

That second half was amazing.  Morton's close passing, flicking the ball about and grinding Falkirk into the ground was a joy to watch.  This team is like the team we had in 1977-78 when we won promotion to the premier division as it was then - not the finished article but developing into a superb unit.  Wouldn't be surprised to discover that Ross Forbes is actually the love child of Andy Ritchie.  These days it is difficult to keep a successful team together but we should be busting a gut to get as many of these players as possible on longer contracts.  The Ton are having a party this season.

Archived