Morton v Falkirk

AyrshireTon

36 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Forbes earned his MOTM btw. He was nowhere near as mobile but was still winning a lot in midfield and ran most of our play. I thought it was Nesbit myself but it wasn't even close to a surprise that it was Forbes.

To be honest, it could easily have been, Forbes, Oliver, Murdoch, Nesbitt or Lindsay and one of my Falkirk supporting fans thought O'Ware looked a threat from every set piece.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playing McCracken was a bizarre choice but I'm really not sure that the "playing a weakened team" argument is all its cracked up to be tbh. We look to be a better team than Falkirk with more than half a season played and on the basis of our second half display at least you could have done with nine or ten better players in order to compete rather than one or two. Morton have comfortably beaten Hamilton and Dundee United this season without playing as well as we did in the second half today.

Young Gallagher is a Lamb to the slaughter just now. I think for his own good he needs to go back the U20's and on the bench.

Yes but remember we are probably only playing him just now to get him first team experience so we can get his value up and put him in the shop window.

I think Houston's been told get him on the park, but maybe I'm just sceptical[emoji5]

No one can tell me that Luke Leahy's demise has been down to him being off form. That way no one would be playing

Its total bollocks

16 minutes ago, distresseduke said:

Yeah that's right..I forgot the most successful teams & attendances have no correlation whatsoever ..

How about the teams in the Premiership with lower attendances than Falkirk? 

32 minutes ago, purplemonkeydishwasher said:

27d1b9407fdd0c993df202db36a4877d.jpg

Falkirk distress flare?

Looks like it's coming from the pie van.

Incidentally, is the WDE the last place in Scottish stadiums where openly smoking and boozing is allowed?

Yeah that's right..I forgot the most successful teams & attendances have no correlation whatsoever ..

Falkirk aren't really successful and your attendances aren't very good either. Perhaps they're perfectly correlated in your case only then.

Unlucky.

1485042511040.jpg.c5e5222b0335754bc545c4

Well if you weren't trying to be such a gormless, Helen Lovejoy tribute act, wailing about conditions in "Scottish stadiums" then you'd have included them. They're "Scottish stadiums" after all - so your point is clearly invalid.

It's not like Falkirk fans to develop an entirely laughable sense of injustice IMHO.

Well I obviously won't take it as a slur on the oldest and best ground in Scottish football, because you simply don't have that level of significance in, well, anything, really. Just a pernaraging loser.

Unlucky.

1485049411828.thumb.jpg.321e3f1d92b0525c

Son, there's one person coming out of this looking like a deranged p***k and it ain't me.

Putting you aside, can anyone tell me if the WDE being open and concrete mean that there is a more relaxed stance on smoking? There were groups of smokers by the stairs in full view of the stewards so I'm guessing a blind eye is turned?

Falkirk were the better side for the first 30 minutes but as soon as we scored we took control. That second half was a joy to watch in the way we controlled the game, completely dominant in setting the tempo and even when Falkirk had the ball we repeatedly forced them to lose it cheaply with the way we kept our shape and gave them no way through. All they had in that second half was Sibbald floating crosses into Gaston's arms. I love this midfield.

Gary Oliver though, what a performance.

Love Lee Miller but he shouldn't be starting games anymore.

Great option to bring off the bench.

I actually don't mind Miller starting. He wasn't great yesterday but he has been very effective starting games this season. However he should never be starting up front himself that's just fucking stupid.

Archived