Dumbarton V Queens

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Having watched that, you've got to laugh at the Dumbarton fan who wished his club could get a break like that we enjoyed for the winner, when a rebound from the woodwork fell kindly.

Such an injustice.

To be fair, at the time, myself and a couple of the guys around me thought Joe had stumbled over the ball only for it to break right in front of him. 

We haven't been getting many breaks recently and I still don't think it was that lucky that we scored the way we did. 

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'm not sure I saw all this "manhandling" Nade apparently got yesterday. Dowie was rightly booked for a late challenge on him in the first half. No complaints there. I can recall one incident before that when there was some complaint Dowie had an arm on his back when they both jumped for a ball and one later one where Brownlie looked like he might have had an arm around him on another jump ball. It was hardly all in wrestling and I don't recall much else. Nade is a unit and effective in his role. He scored the equaliser but he also had a big part in making it when he won the ball in the middle of the park and we just couldn't get it off him before he fed it wide and headed for the box.

I thought Lewis Vaughan was slightly disappointing yesterday to be honest. He's always looked tremendous against us for Raith and after last week's press he was one I was worrying about but he flitted in and out of the game and was reasonably anonymous first half. I think he hit the early one from distance Robinson turned wide but I don't think it was on target anyway and it was never seriously troubling the keeper. He was better second half but still choked his only decent chance across the face of goal and wide. Andy Stirling was tremendous though and I thought Stuart Carswell had a really good game. It was only when he faded and eventually went off that Thomson and Rankin really got into the game in midfield.

It was a tight game but we just about did enough to shade it. Cracking win for us in the end. We can for the moment at least start looking upwards not downwards.

I didnt see much wrong with the defending of Nade either. I'd like to see it again but I actually thought Dowies booking was a little harsh. It was clearly a foul but it looked like he pulled his feet out of the challenge realising he wasnt getting the ball. It was certainly no worse than the foul on Jacobs early on that Carswell (I think) didnt get booked for.

1 hour ago, squeezeboxson said:

To be fair, at the time, myself and a couple of the guys around me thought Joe had stumbled over the ball only for it to break right in front of him. 

We haven't been getting many breaks recently and I still don't think it was that lucky that we scored the way we did. 

There wasnt. But then there wasnt any luck about the Queens goals either. Thats the point

1 hour ago, squeezeboxson said:

Ah, it was you was it?

Figures.

1 hour ago, sonsism said:

We've had a massive amount of breaks already this season - St Mirren and Queens away especially. These things even out over the season so I'm not too bothered. We must be clinical in the final third though.

You, sir, are an officer and a gentleman, while I remain in the ranks. I confess that I felt yesterday's result was justice after the injustice at Palmerston. All 3 games between us I have seen and all three could have been draws. At least we have both enjoyed an away win. Good luck for the rest of the season ( exclusion- last match at Palmy).

You, sir, are an officer and a gentleman, while I remain in the ranks. I confess that I felt yesterday's result was justice after the injustice at Palmerston. All 3 games between us I have seen and all three could have been draws. At least we have both enjoyed an away win. Good luck for the rest of the season ( exclusion- last match at Palmy).

What was the injustice at Palmerston? I thought both teams were poor that day, but (akin to yesterday) a wee bit of magic won the game.

If it's the penalty then, I confess, it thought it was harsh at the time. However the Queens TV replay from behind the goal showed it to be the right decision.

1 minute ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

What was the injustice at Palmerston? I thought both teams were poor that day, but (akin to yesterday) a wee bit of magic won the game.

If it's the penalty then, I confess, it thought it was harsh at the time. However the Queens TV replay from behind the goal showed it to be the right decision.

No it didnt, it showed it be incredibly soft

No it didnt, it showed it be incredibly soft

Soft aye, but a penalty nonetheless. It was a stupid and unnecessary barge. The fact that Hamill claimed post match that he hadn't made any contact looked a bit ridiculous after the replay.

Far from an 'injustice'.

8 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I wasn't one of our better showings but we were comfortably the better side at Palmerston and you were in our penalty area about twice all game, not including the winning goal which was from about halfway to Stranraer! The penalty was a nonsense decision where Thomson hugely exaggerated minimal contact. If that's a penalty then there should have been about 6 yesterday. It was indicative of our form back then that we managed to lose though.

I thought we just about did enough to win yesterday but I'm sure if I was a Dumbarton fan I'd think we should have had at least a draw. I don't think it's anywhere near as fortunate a result as Dumbarton's ein at Palmerston though.

8 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Soft aye, but a penalty nonetheless. It was a stupid and unnecessary barge. The fact that Hamill claimed post match that he hadn't made any contact looked a bit ridiculous after the replay.

Far from an 'injustice'.

Depends on your definition of injustice. If you define it as losing a game because of an incorrect referee decision then I'd say its pretty much spot on

57 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Ah, it was you was it?

Figures.

Yep, it was me who said I thought you got a break for the second goal. I've also admitted to how it looked at the time to me and that is doesn't look the same on the highlights.

Why are the Queens fans so raging about the result at Palmerston months ago? As S08 said, the results correctly highlighted that the penalty was a correct decision. Even some of the Queens fans agreed once their own highlights were online.

Depends on your definition of injustice. If you define it as losing a game because of an incorrect referee decision then I'd say its pretty much spot on

I wouldn't have said it was incorrect, harsh, aye, but you can see why he gave it. Especially from behind the goal. It was more stupidity from Hamill to barge Thomson under no pressure.

I wouldn't have said that our defeat to Morton the other week, where the winner came as a result of the worst penalty decision I think I've ever seen, was an injustice. We only had ourselves to blame for not turning up for the first 20 minutes, and then wasting a number of very good chances.

The best case of 'injustice' I could think of was when Barry Cook booked the wrong Dundee player against us a few years ago. The player he should've booked (Peter MacDonald iirc) would've been off, that was a game changing - and outright wrong - decision.

Archived