Dumbarton V Queens

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

How come they're different?  I've wondered that for years.

Lifted from Wiki

Dumbarton comes from the Scottish Gaelic Dùn Breatainn meaning "fort of the Britons".

Historically, the spelling of the county town and the county were not standardised. By the 18th century the names "County of Dunbarton" and "County of Dumbarton" were used interchangeably.

Different county bodies used the two spellings: the Dunbarton County Constabulary were formed in 1857 by the Commissioners of Supply for the County of Dunbarton.

Dumbartonshire County Council, set up under the Local Government (Scotland) Act 1889, adopted the spelling "Dunbartonshire" by 1914, a fact recognised by the Local Government (Scotland) Act 1947.

Sadly it's not in any way dramatic or exciting. 

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without even trying to pick stevies team for him ,I understand the concerns about thommo and his chance taking ratios . However the biggest sitter on Saturday fell to nade who lacked sharpness to stick it away or control it and stick it away.

interesting to see where Gallagher figures next week as all who played on saturdabwould surely be a bit miffed to lose their place.

i firmly believe this week is al about points over performance

12 minutes ago, cedrick1 said:

Without even trying to pick stevies team for him ,I understand the concerns about thommo and his chance taking ratios . However the biggest sitter on Saturday fell to nade who lacked sharpness to stick it away or control it and stick it away.

interesting to see where Gallagher figures next week as all who played on saturdabwould surely be a bit miffed to lose their place.

i firmly believe this week is al about points over performance

....aah, you mean Calum Gallagher - got you ;)

I think it is, don't get me wrong we've a decent record there but start of season when we went there it proved a tough game for us on a tighter park. I'm hoping the new boys in midfield can help open Dumbarton, as last game we struggled to create anything

6 minutes ago, NM_1919 said:

I think it is, don't get me wrong we've a decent record there but start of season when we went there it proved a tough game for us on a tighter park. I'm hoping the new boys in midfield can help open Dumbarton, as last game we struggled to create anything

Genuine question:

Is it an unusually tight park in terms of its dimensions?

Archived