Ayr United v Morton

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great performance given the conditions.
I was right behind the ball when the first goal went in - an incredible curve on it. Very clever finish for the second too. Oliver continues to really impress me and scored the same wee turn and shot which he did against Killie in the LC. Had Ayr got the second they were pushing for just before HT it may have been a different second half. After we got the 4th we had the cigars out, maybe a little too early.

Good times, lets keep the momentum going.

Great performance given the conditions.
I was right behind the ball when the first goal went in - an incredible curve on it. Very clever finish for the second too. Oliver continues to really impress me and scored the same wee turn and shot which he did against Killie in the LC. Had Ayr got the second they were pushing for just before HT it may have been a different second half. After we got the 4th we had the cigars out, maybe a little too early.
Good times, lets keep the momentum going.

I thought the second was a wee bit of a fluke. Don't think he meant to bounce it over the keeper like that. First was an absolute peach though, no question.

54 minutes ago, forzamorton said:

He mean't it. He's that good. 

I don't even know why this is up for discussion. It's obvious to anyone that knows anything about football that it was intentional.

It was another well-crafted move in which the irrepressible Aidan Nesbitt fizzed a cross from the left into Oliver. The frontman cushioned a delicate touch into the path of Ton’s top scorer, who volleyed into the ground to send the ball looping over Fleming.

Ross-Forbes-celebrates-second-goal-versus-Ayr_925x581_acf_cropped.jpg

5 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Don't know what was worse, our performance or the perma ragers at the fence kicking off at 8 year old children :lol:

Probably still our team :thumbsdown

I agree with you. Definitely your team. Absolutely shite.

Was just catching up with the comments on .org about ayrton who invited us down to his hotel, the guy showed us great hospitality and it made for a great pre match atmosphere and overall a good day, people slating him ate an embarrassment

Did no one go to the Rusty Nail then?

7 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

Was it the Berkeley hotel right enough? Last time I keeked in the door it looked a bit upmarket for a bunch of hairy arsed footy drunks.

^^^^  obviously been barred.......

7 hours ago, Cowshed118 said:

I still dont get why anyone would have an issue with a fellow Morton fan doing what he did, made for a great day and would definetly be back if we are to play Ayr again next season.

If you're not interested, you ignore it and  don't go, it's that simple. Takes a peculiar type of sad sack or arsehole to take offence at the idea -  as is borne out on the Morton messageboard thread. Pathetic, really.

eta  -   .......and nearly as pathetic is being offended enough to bother to vote down this post....... Hi, vt!! Which are you, a sad sack or an arsehole, or did you just forget to take proof of age on Saturday?

Archived