Romeo

On 12/1/2017 at 20:47, gav-ffc said:

Booked up for next June, first trip abroad in years for myself.

Booked into the Raddison Park inn in Alexanderplatz and buzzing!

Is that the one with the giant fish tank? It's cool as f**k. Had a few pints in there last month. And it's next door to the Cathedral and the museums so a brilliant spot.

Is that the one with the giant fish tank? It's cool as f**k. Had a few pints in there last month. And it's next door to the Cathedral and the museums so a brilliant spot.

Don’t think so.

d8f24404b150d5d6d9fdf5443bdcf9ad.jpg

Seen a raddison blu just off the river so may be that one.

3 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Don’t think so.

d8f24404b150d5d6d9fdf5443bdcf9ad.jpg

Seen a raddison blu just off the river so may be that one.

Correct. I'm sure someone told me that you can jump off the top of that one. Or something like that. The Raddison Blu is the one with the aquarium. It's just to the left of where that photo was taken from.

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

Correct. I'm sure someone told me that you can jump of the top of that one. Or something like that. The Radisson is the one with the aquarium. It's just to the left of where that photo was taken from.

During the summer months you can jump off the top.

3 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Correct. I'm sure someone told me that you can jump off the top of that one. Or something like that. The Raddison Blu is the one with the aquarium. It's just to the left of where that photo was taken from.

52 minutes ago, Waspy said:

During the summer months you can jump off the top.

I had to google that to make sure it wasn't part of some weird Teutonic suicide cult.

https://www.parkinn-berlin.de/en/jochen-schweizer-base-flying-berlin/

Thankfully you are attached to a rope. I still don't fancy it though...

• 2 weeks later...

Yasssss......todays the day for the trip to Berlin.

Any tips for things to see places to go?

ETA - Also been looking at the 3 or 4 day travel pass thing, for zones A, B & C about 35-40 Euros, anybody used this?

Edited by Romeo

4 hours ago, Romeo said:

Yasssss......todays the day for the trip to Berlin.

Any tips for things to see places to go?

ETA - Also been looking at the 3 or 4 day travel pass thing, for zones A, B & C about 35-40 Euros, anybody used this?

Enjoy.

I got the 3 day travel pass - think it was about 28 euros. Well worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

Heading back to Berlin in a few weeks, been 6 or 7 years since we were last there, got an air bnb in Mitte, last time we stayed in friedrichshain which was great, looking forward to exploring Kreuzberg and Neukolln this time, anyone been to Das Gift bar?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

Anyone recommend some pubs near alexanderplatz? Just for some good grub and good beer.

Hofbrau have a place near there. Not been to the Berlin one but the couple of their places I went to in Munich were pretty good.

4 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Anyone recommend some pubs near alexanderplatz? Just for some good grub and good beer.

There's plenty of pubs under the railway bridge at Hackescher Markt but they're pretty pricey and touristy. 

There's a pub nearby called something like the anti-war cooperative cafe. It' s near the flagship adidas store and is full of crusty hippies.

I personally prefer to drink in Freidrichshain & Kruezberg.

There's the hofbrau place, a micro brewery which I can't remember the name of...wanna say Lemke. My personal favourite was The Pub. Pour your own beer and the burgers looked brilliant. Quite novel.

2 hours ago, MP_MFC said:
9 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

There's the hofbrau place, a micro brewery which I can't remember the name of...wanna say Lemke. My personal favourite was The Pub. Pour your own beer and the burgers looked brilliant. Quite novel.

Just looked The Pub up and it’s getting a visit.