Blue Brazil vs City Slickers

Thoughts and predictions pre match?

Hopefully Jack Frost will be kind to us tonight to prevent any pile up of fixtures as we head into an important few weeks with nothing less than a win required.

For me hopefully we see our new signing or signings go straight into the starting 11 with CJ dropping for Cammy. Hopefully Mullen will be back in the line up as well.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow 

Hopefully game is on as planning to head over as no Dons game this week. City will need to improve on last weeks performance against Arbroath if they are to take anything from the game. Do Cowdenbeath charge for U5s as consider taking my daughter with me.

54 minutes ago, Jute said:

Hopefully game is on as planning to head over as no Dons game this week. City will need to improve on last weeks performance against Arbroath if they are to take anything from the game. Do Cowdenbeath charge for U5s as consider taking my daughter with me.

We do a parent and child for £14 which works out at £2 for the bairn will try and find out for you re under 5s Jute.

City have generally been better away from home this season but the lack of goals is starting to be a real issue, you'd have to imagine that another option up front is the number 1 priority in January. Let's go for a 0-1 City win with the ball deflecting off Beattie's backside in the 87th minute.

weather1.jpg

according to this map the North Pole has pished all over Britain (except for the Lothians, Geordies, Yorkies, Brummies and inbred Lincolnshires..) so as Frank Zappa says

zappa.jpg

to be honest I don't fancy a trip to chilly Cowdenbeath- I suppose I must be getting old not to want to go to a game on a Saturday. Mr B may be interested in memories of a midweek game in the early 1990s between Cowden and Meadowbank where everyone thought the ref was going to put the game off due to snow. He ruled the pitch playable and as Cowden didn't have an orange ball an official was dispatched to find the manager of the Intersport shop on the HIgh Street to get him to open up so the club could obtain an orange ball. 

Ah well, shall I meet Quinn the Eskimo or better still Eskimo Nell tomorrow.... 

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

weather1.jpg

according to this map the North Pole has pished all over Britain (except for the Lothians, Geordies, Yorkies, Brummies and inbred Lincolnshires..) so as Frank Zappa says

zappa.jpg

to be honest I don't fancy a trip to chilly Cowdenbeath- I suppose I must be getting old not to want to go to a game on a Saturday. Mr B may be interested in memories of a midweek game in the early 1990s between Cowden and Meadowbank where everyone thought the ref was going to put the game off due to snow. He ruled the pitch playable and as Cowden didn't have an orange ball an official was dispatched to find the manager of the Intersport shop on the HIgh Street to get him to open up so the club could obtain an orange ball. 

Ah well, shall I meet Quinn the Eskimo or better still Eskimo Nell tomorrow.... 

I remember that game Tam a 2-2 draw, should never have been played I think I could only make out one of the goals through the snow.  You wouldn't have been taking pics that night:lol:

1 minute ago, Cowden316 said:

What a joke 2c from 11am plenty of time for hard parts to thaw. both clubs should look to play this on Tuesday so we aren't putting pressure on ourselves

Depends how bad the hard bits are 316 take it the ref felt there was little chance of improvement. Its a hard call timing things leave it late and you get folk making journeys for nothing.

5 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Depends how bad the hard bits are 316 take it the ref felt there was little chance of improvement. Its a hard call timing things leave it late and you get folk making journeys for nothing.

True or just being penalised due to the bad reputation we have regarding our pitch and stadium. Not ideal to have games in hand whilst at the bottom especially if other results don't go our way 

Very mild this week so hopefully we can negotiate it being played Tuesday 

21 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

True or just being penalised due to the bad reputation we have regarding our pitch and stadium. Not ideal to have games in hand whilst at the bottom especially if other results don't go our way 

Very mild this week so hopefully we can negotiate it being played Tuesday 

Think your getting a wee bit paranoid 316:P

Archived