Stenny v Stranraer - clash of the bottom dwellers

37 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Good God. We brought him on there for the final 10 minutes against QOS last month and he looked totally lost!

He was hooked with 20 minutes remaining. I don't think he got in behind Ciaran Summers or played in a cross all afternoon.

He was hooked with 20 minutes remaining. I don't think he got in behind Ciaran Summers or played in a cross all afternoon.

He doesn't cross. What I really liked about him in his first stint with us was that he is a good, no nonsense defender. His distribution was never great though.

Just now, Clayhole Blue said:

He doesn't cross. What I really liked about him in his first stint with us was that he is a good, no nonsense defender. His distribution was never great though.

It begs the question: what the heck he was ever doing starting the match as a right winger?

Correct.. thats why i questioned the signing. To play him there was crazy.. hes a defender. Who should stick to defending. His passing is to ambitious. Holywood diagonal balls. If he sticks to the simple game playing it up to the right winger to (andy stirling) he is fine. With nobody with ability on either wing stranraer were rotten. No gibson means we have nothing.

the manager played a striker joe nuttall on the left. The young loanee has been largely poor for us. Malcolm was rotten. However in malkies defence he plays better with a target man to play off.

It begs the question: what the heck he was ever doing starting the match as a right winger?

My Gawd, as a right winger? Brian Reid must be criminally insane.

In fairness Pettigrew's one redeeming attribute with us was that he was a lovely crosser of the ball. I don't see him being the sort of guy to run at a defender before floating one in though.

Tough times down Stranraer way at the moment.

Guest TOPFITTER
13 minutes ago, car number 7 said:

He's right,they didn't.

Well maybe not all, certainly not the first two subbed but it could have been any 3 from about 7 or 8. This it would seem because the manager has sucked the very last vestiges of hope and team spirit from the squad. Another self serving interview saying childishly "A big boy did it and ran away" "It wisnae me" rather than hold his hands up and say "THE BUCK STOPS HERE" !!! Not many left to blame for him now, His assistant and back room team and then the BOARD before finally turning on the fans !!!

Don't know what is less edifying Brian Reid shifting the blame, doubt he has the class to resign, or watching a Proud Club, 3rd oldest in Scottish football heading for an embarrassing relegation to the 4th tier.

The most promising sign at Stranraer FC at the moment is that the fans are still turning up in numbers home and away, well done fans.

I agree Topfitter,it could have been any 7 or 8 who were subbed,but still a long way to go and there's still time,I think this reminds me of about 10 seasons ago under Billy McLaren,we had a right good squad and got relegated,he was given till the end of the season and resigned when we got relegated,I have been there with them  on many similar occasions and will still be with them,wether it's Brian Reid or Beryl Reid it's hard at the moment but that's what's happens when you support Stranraer,but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Archived