Football betting weekend 14-15th January

ThomCat

Hi folks. What games stand out this weekend?

I've gone for Dunfermline, Bolton, Bradford, Scunthorpe, Wycombe, Colchester, Mansfield. £2.10 returns £225.

Chance of postponements this weekend so using 7 fold rather than usual 5 (coral acca insurance on £2+ bets).

Wycombe Wanderers and Colchester United look great value against hapless opponents. Some good looking bets in English League Two. Crawley at home to Hartlepool makes up a nice treble. 

If Clyde’s game is on, which I doubt, around 4.5 for Montrose to win is ridiculous. I still think there’s a fair chance of us taking something from the game, though that’s just blind optimism at this point, as we’ve only taken 1 point out of 18 in the last six league games.

Will put a treble on later for Wycombe, Mansfield and Colchester who are near evens (Wycombe) or above. Wycombe are unbeaten since October in league versus 16th place Yeovil at Home. Colchester have won their last 5 are away to bottom of league Newport who have lost their last 8. Mansfield won their last 3 are away to Notts county and have lost their last 10 league games.

14 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Edinburgh City look big away to Cowdenbeath

Postponed after pitch inspection. 

P.S.

Ladbrokes Championship
Dundee United v Queen of the South - 11.45am inspection

Ladbrokes League 1
Brechin City P-P Queen's Park - Game OFF after 10.30am inspection
Livingston P-P Albion Rovers - Game OFF after 11.00am inspection

Ladbrokes League 2
Clyde P-P Montrose - Game OFF after 10.45am inspection
Cowdenbeath P-P Edinburgh City - Game OFF after 9.45am inspection

PRESS AND JOURNAL HIGHLAND LEAGUE

Brora Rangers P-P Wick Academy
Buckie Thistle v Lossiemouth Game ON
Cove Rangers P-P Clachnacuddin
Deveronvale P-P Inverurie Loco Works
Forres Mechanics P-P Strathspey Thistle
Fraserburgh P-P Huntly 
Nairn County P-P Fort William
Rothes P-P Formartine United

(HL rudely nicked from Fitba North)

Went for perceived value rather than Certs Burnley 6/4, sunderland 11/8 and Watford 7/10 all draw no bet in trebles and  four timer with Chelsea 4/5 later on. Villa look a good prospect at bigger than 2/1 at molineux where the hosts have the second worst home record in the league would be inclined to go dnb again due to derby element.

hopefully fare better in Italy this week where my 'goal' teams sassuolo and Cagliari have quite sympathetic opponents in Palermo & genoa respectively. The islanders are around 17/20 to make It 10/10 home games over 2.5 which has to be taken. Keeping an eye on Atalanta price too better than 3/1 away to lazio and the bergamo side have the best road record in the league however The romans have a pretty good home record and nerazzurri stand  out kessie is at the acon.

Harsh. :(

Just for a bit of interest today. Think the matches are too close to call winners in.

I just saw the Mahrez bet was a price boost on Sky Bet at 16/1 and since he's on free-kicks thought it's got an alright chance. And decided to double it up on the Man  Utd game being another bore.

Nah each to their own it's just not something I would bet on!

I have had a terrible season with just putting 4 or 5 favourites on and always one team letting it down. Think it's best to put fewer teams on and look at the odds for the away teams as I did yesterday - Chelsea were 6/5 I'm pretty sure and Newcastle were 11/10.

Guest bernardblack
Nah each to their own it's just not something I would bet on!

I have had a terrible season with just putting 4 or 5 favourites on and always one team letting it down. Think it's best to put fewer teams on and look at the odds for the away teams as I did yesterday - Chelsea were 6/5 I'm pretty sure and Newcastle were 11/10.

Where were Chelsea 11/10??

Surely they were nearer 1/2

On 14/01/2017 at 10:26, Latino Lover said:

Went for perceived value rather than Certs Burnley 6/4, sunderland 11/8 and Watford 7/10 all draw no bet in trebles and  four timer with Chelsea 4/5 later on. Villa look a good prospect at bigger than 2/1 at molineux where the hosts have the second worst home record in the league would be inclined to go dnb again due to derby element.

hopefully fare better in Italy this week where my 'goal' teams sassuolo and Cagliari have quite sympathetic opponents in Palermo & genoa respectively. The islanders are around 17/20 to make It 10/10 home games over 2.5 which has to be taken. Keeping an eye on Atalanta price too better than 3/1 away to lazio and the bergamo side have the best road record in the league however The romans have a pretty good home record and nerazzurri stand  out kessie is at the acon.

I couldn't resist having a punt on Atalanta, was originally only going for BTTS at 5/6    but I think the win price is very tempting. Doubled them up with Celta Vigo. 

Archived