Scotland squad March

2 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

D'OH, I forgot that Paterson was injured and yes, Tierney will most likely play but I stand by the other 3.  Walker and Armstrong have been especially good this year.

And have only really properly come into form since the last squad was announced.  Almost certain Armstrong will be involved, may well have Walker too.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And have only really properly come into form since the last squad was announced.  Almost certain Armstrong will be involved, may well have Walker too.

There's no chance Walker gets selected when the likes of Forrest and McKay play for Rangers and Celtic.

31 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

There's no chance Walker gets selected when the likes of Forrest and McKay play for Rangers and Celtic.

Walker is in better form than McKay so it would be a shame if Barrie was picked ahead of him. Forrest has played well this year so Walker and Forrest playing on the wings would be a good combination IMHO.

Walker is in better form than McKay so it would be a shame if Barrie was picked ahead of him. Forrest has played well this year so Walker and Forrest playing on the wings would be a good combination IMHO.

Walker won't get selected ahead of a Rangers player, it simply won't happen.

Forrest is playing in a side with numerous more dangerous players, which means he's left 1v1, and gets about 20 "duel" moments per match. Statistically, he's been poor, but he's racked up assists and "performances" which mask it.

Over a month away, but here's my predicted line-up:

Marshall

Robertson
Hanley
Berra
R. Martin

D. Fletcher
McArthur

Morrison
Snodgrass
Ritchie

C. Martin

Brown will come in for McArthur if he makes himself available, but I've got the feeling we've seen the last of him in a Scotland shirt.

Only area I'm not sure about is right-back - Anya was poor there against England, and can't think of anyone else likely to start there apart from Martin.

For me, Burke has to start but I don't think Strachan will play him. I'd also probably favour Tierney over Robertson.

6 hours ago, DBA said:

Marshall

Robertson
Hanley
Berra
R. Martin

D. Fletcher
McArthur

Morrison
Snodgrass
Ritchie

C. Martin

Brown will come in for McArthur if he makes himself available, but I've got the feeling we've seen the last of him in a Scotland shirt.

Only area I'm not sure about is right-back - Anya was poor there against England, and can't think of anyone else likely to start there apart from Martin.

For me, Burke has to start but I don't think Strachan will play him. I'd also probably favour Tierney over Robertson.

I certainly hope this is wrong, that trio in the forward midfield is the slowest since records began. I'd keep one of Snodgrass or Morrison though.

7 hours ago, DBA said:

Marshall

Robertson
Hanley
Berra
R. Martin

D. Fletcher
McArthur

Morrison
Snodgrass
Ritchie

C. Martin

That looks like the paceless wonders who struggled to trouble Slovakia. Surely Strachan will have learned from that, especially for a home game where we need to take the game to opposition.

8 hours ago, DBA said:

Marshall

Robertson
Hanley
Berra
R. Martin

D. Fletcher
McArthur

Morrison
Snodgrass
Ritchie

C. Martin

If this lineup starts against Canada then we may have a chance!  

14 hours ago, DBA said:

Marshall

Robertson
Hanley
Berra
R. Martin

D. Fletcher
McArthur

Morrison
Snodgrass
Ritchie

C. Martin

He starts that line up then he can forget about even picking a point up

Archived