Scotland squad March

The English championship is really nothing special at all and playing in it does not automatically make you better than everyone in the Scottish Premiership. 

I agree but they pay 300 400 per cent more so the players that perform well in spl are picked up by these teams. If you got offered a 300 per cent pay rise would you move? Gregg Stewart done well in spl last season of to Birmingham Hemmings to league 1 oxford. Patterson prob going to move the summer etc etc

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, skippy2015 said:

Didn't say to dismiss Scottish players- my point was to the poster who stated that the English Premiership players have had there chance so now dump them and call up half the Aberdeen team. zander Clark has been mentioned. For every wanyama there are 10 other spl players who have failed to make the grade down south. The very fact that you have went back 7 or 8 years and found a handful of players proves my point

Who has failed? Please provide examples. And of course I need to go back a few years. We've never had a constant conveyer belt of talent, in fact we send more players down south now than we ever have. A lot to do with money but it's a fact.

16 minutes ago, skippy2015 said:

England are 3rd Aberdeen ranked 205 behind the giants of Fk skenderneu of Albania and spartak trnava of Slovakia

nobody is debating the quality of the English premiership,we are debating the quality of the Scottish players that are playing for Scotland in these leagues there is a difference?

Just now, skippy2015 said:

I agree but they pay 300 400 per cent more so the players that perform well in spl are picked up by these teams. If you got offered a 300 per cent pay rise would you move? Gregg Stewart done well in spl last season of to Birmingham Hemmings to league 1 oxford. Patterson prob going to move the summer etc etc

You're not entirely wrong but it's not that simple either. 

1 minute ago, skippy2015 said:

If for example Newcastle Brighton etc want any player out with rangers and Celtic in Scotland they would simply go and buy them......they have the finances and players are going to move for more money most of the time

so because you have a bigger bank balance it makes you a better player?

If for example Newcastle Brighton etc want any player out with rangers and Celtic in Scotland they would simply go and buy them......they have the finances and players are going to move for more money most of the time

Wasn't that simple for Cardiff trying to get Hayes in January. 

Name a player out with rangers or Celtic that say Fulham couldn't buy if they wanted to?

Are you serious? There's players in China & Saudi Arabia on £150k a week, that dosen't mean they're good. The money in English football is in no way reflective of the quality, if it was their teams would win everything and their national team wouldn't be an embarrassment. 

Skippys point that, Championship sides could attract almost any Scottish based player, ergo the best players will end up in the Championship, is a fair one.

It's massively simplistically stupid though. Is Greg Stewart a far superior player now than last season? Say Kenny McLean joins Leeds in the Summer, does he magically become a much better player?

The level you're at shouldn't be the deciding factor

Skippys point that, Championship sides could attract almost any Scottish based player, ergo the best players will end up in the Championship, is a fair one.

It's massively simplistically stupid though. Is Greg Stewart a far superior player now than last season? Say Kenny McLean joins Leeds in the Summer, does he magically become a much better player?

The level you're at shouldn't be the deciding factor

I actually agree with you but just trying to make my original point

For example mcginn and Patterson I would have in the squad will go on to be good full internationals and will move on to a higher level....... but for example everyone on here calling for Ryan jack for example to be in the squad he's 25 now a decent player but should bE nowhere near the squad as couldn't lace the like of cairneys boots. But every squad announcement that comes out there's always where's shinnie jack etc where zander Clark ? Lol and I'm a st Johnstone fan to

1 minute ago, skippy2015 said:

For example mcginn and Patterson I would have in the squad will go on to be good full internationals and will move on to a higher level....... but for example everyone on here calling for Ryan jack for example to be in the squad he's 25 now a decent player but should bE nowhere near the squad as couldn't lace the like of cairneys boots. But every squad announcement that comes out there's always where's shinnie jack etc where zander Clark ? Lol and I'm a st Johnstone fan to

You can't blame people for wanting them included. I'd certainly have Clark in over McGregor. 

6 minutes ago, skippy2015 said:

Why should the captain of the second best team in the country be nowhere near the Scotland team when John McGinn, a Scottish championship player is good enough?

goong by your logic surely if McGinn was any good he wouldn't STILL be playing at level way below Ryan Jack, shinnie etc.?

Archived