Scotland squad March

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dullard Bluteau said:

I know there are many on here who don't care where Scotland players come from, as it is permitted to use non Scots according to the rules. Apart from several things, including acute embarrassment when they speak with an English accent, lack of patriotism on their behalf by representing their own countries biggest rivals, I point blank refuse to accept that any of the English mercenaries has brought anything to our national team. Indeed the inclusion of half the English second division seems to coincide with the lowest point in our history, results-wise.

Strachan, who lives in England of course, prefers to trawl and beg second rate , second or third generation Englishmen to further career prospects by handing out International caps whilst stubbornly refusing to recognise real Scots playing in their own leagues. All the while failing but being backed by those running football in our country (who just happen to be English themselves). He should, of course, have been relieved of his duties long ago, not just on results but his insolent and dismissive behaviour to football fans in this country. For this reason , not that it matters any more as we are already out of the World Cup, I will be happy for a defeat on Sunday. I wont , of course be able to watch the game as the SFA have excluded those who don't have PPV tv, and are only able to watch the "real" team of half the Scotland squad.

What a load of racist tosh. Accent doesn't determine your nationality, your identity or where you consider home. As someone born in Scotland but who grew up abroad and has an English accent and could have feasibly have played for three different countries, I would only have ever wanted to play for Scotland. Who are you to decide on someone's identity based on their accent?

31 minutes ago, LondonSons said:

What a load of racist tosh. Accent doesn't determine your nationality, your identity or where you consider home. As someone born in Scotland but who grew up abroad and has an English accent and could have feasibly have played for three different countries, I would only have ever wanted to play for Scotland. Who are you to decide on someone's identity based on their accent?

I`m not racist. Nothing against English or any other foreigners. My point is why would an Englishman want to play for us ? Their own team is rubbish so why not try and improve it ? We have our own leagues and players, no need to beg second raters to come and make us even worse.

Theres a few English playing for Saints at present, I have no issue with that as they are not pretending to be other than footballers earning a living, and not representing another country.

Just as an aside, how do you convince people talking to you that you are Scottish ? Bet its not easy.

The dismissal of the third choice keeper is symbolic of a problem in Scottish Football, there's no planning ahead. They need to think, who's going to be our number 1 in 5 years time. Who, at this moment, looks like they have a chance. Hamilton is in poor form but is still a decent prospect. Clark also deserves a call-up, since he's in better form. IMO they should both be training with the team. There's not really a limit to how many a squad can bring along. They don't need to be in the match day squad. Bring them along, let them get used to the Scotland camp, learn from Marshall, McGregor and Gordon, and look toward them being decent keepers in the future. Ditto with other positions, ie Liam bloody Lindsay needs to be in the squad!!!

19 minutes ago, Dullard Bluteau said:

Just as an aside, how do you convince people talking to you that you are Scottish ? Bet its not easy.

How often do you talk to someone and think "Christ, I'm going to have to convince this person I'm Scottish."?

49 minutes ago, Dullard Bluteau said:

I`m not racist. Nothing against English or any other foreigners. My point is why would an Englishman want to play for us ? Their own team is rubbish so why not try and improve it ? We have our own leagues and players, no need to beg second raters to come and make us even worse.

Theres a few English playing for Saints at present, I have no issue with that as they are not pretending to be other than footballers earning a living, and not representing another country.

Why would I need to convince anyone? 

4 hours ago, Dullard Bluteau said:

Is Steven Fletcher o.k for an Englishman?

What about Oliver Burke who was born in Scotland but has an English accent?

Guest DAVIDB69

The problem is strachan goes out his way to find an Englishman of the month as a rule and these will always be at the expense of anyone playing in Scotland.

But some of those capped are just awful

11 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Are Ryan Jack and Kenny McLean better than Armstrong and Cairney?

McLean is arguably playing as well as anyone in Scotland these past couple of months. Definitely the best form since moving to the dons, which makes it even more bizarre considering he's been called up previously.

Shinnie is better than Wallace but he'd still be 3rd choice left back.

This is what pisses people off, anyone who watches Scottish football can see it's the case. So the only reason for Wallace being in the squad is who he plays for rather than how he's playing, third choice or not.

Also worth remembering Aberdeen's 3 best/influential players are from the island next to us.

Hayes, McGinn and Rooney are the most likely to score or set up a goal but McLean and Shinnie are every bit as important to the team.

The problem is strachan goes out his way to find an Englishman of the month as a rule and these will always be at the expense of anyone playing in Scotland.

But some of those capped are just awful

He caps Scottish dross too when he shouldn't be.

16 minutes ago, skippy2015 said:

Armstrong and Cairney are a mile ahead of jack and McLean. Agree Would take shinnie over Wallace. Would take Kingsley over both of them though

Armstrong's having a great season and Cairney looked decent during the week. McLean is playing consistently well for the second best team in the country so more than merits a place in the squad over the likes of Mcginn.

Kingsley, who played his first 90 minutes since January at the weekend and can't get into a struggling Swansea team, over someone playing well weekly? How bizarre.

Armstrong's having a great season and Cairney looked decent during the week. McLean is playing consistently well for the second best team in the country so more than merits a place in the squad over the likes of Mcginn.
Kingsley, who played his first 90 minutes since January at the weekend and can't get into a struggling Swansea team, over someone playing well weekly? How bizarre.

Your obviously an Aberdeen fan wanting as many players in the team you support to be in the squad. Tierney and Robertson are a million miles ahead for left back that's obvious. Kingsley still only 22 a better player than shinnie already and will improve. Also can play centre back where we struggle so for these reasons should be ahead of shinnie. Shinnie 25 unlikely to improve much now and if he was that good a premier league or top championship team will simply buy him.

Archived