Scotland squad March

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DAVIDB69
Good to see Jordon Rhodes back in squad after his move to SWFC however Steven Fletcher? Not been involved mutch since his red card in mid January and still manages to get a call up. 

Fletcher will start both games up front on his own and nothing will change

If the likes of Hanley, Wallace and Forrest were to play for Hibs, Aberdeen or Hearts they'd be the best players in the side.

Shinnie, McLean and Mgregor are good Premiership players, nothing more and are not international class, McLean had a game did he not and he was utterly anonymous.

Has Alfie Mawson got a Scottish grandad or something read somewhere we were trying to get him to play? That would be good however think he may well get a chance for England the way he's playing. Pretty happy with squad as for those wanting the Aberdeen players in the squad why have no Premiership teams / good championship teams come in for the likes of jack shinnie? Simple answer they are not good enough.

Good to see guys like Cairney, Armstrong and Phillips getting a shout, but after they get some game time against Canada, it will be back to the same old shite against Slovenia. Why doesn't the wee ginger tosser man up, admit we have no chance of qualifying, and build a squad for the next campaign. The next 6 qualifying games could give some of the younger guys, the much needed experience we will need for the 2020 campaign.

I'd have liked to have seen McLean, Walker and maybe Liam Lindsay (at a push) involved but I don't have many complaints about that squad. I couldn't give a flying f**k about the upcomimg games though, and probably won't be arsed about Scotland again until Strachan is gone. A condescending, tactically inept dick that routinely talks down the football of the country he's managing and the players at his disposal. We play ENGLAND at Hampden in a few months. Get someone new in before that becomes an even more depressing occasion than the previous meeting. 

6 hours ago, Jordan Rode said:

Tom Cairney has been immense for Fulham all season and deserves his shot.

Every national manager will stick to his core players and shite out of kicking them out the team.  I've a feeling it's the beginning of the end for Strachan though especially with Alex Neil out a job now.

Please NO to AN, I was all for him getting it just after last double header and tbh, he should have instead of giving Mr Flop another 2 games (he not denying his future is on the line: see BBC Sport for the article) in which he will not get wins in.

Alex started off well at Norwich but then hit a very poor run which rightly cost him his job.

Claudio Ranieri/Tommy Docherty and Joe Jordan coaching staff for  me :lol:.

Tommy Wright revealing today that Zander Clark hasn't even been considered for Scotland, despite the fact that, stats wise, hes the best young Scottish keeper in the league this season. Jack Hamilton remains fourth choice.

He also reveals Stevie Mays decision to leave us was influenced by the fact he was virtually told by Strachan he wouldn't be selected while playing for us, highlighted by the fact he got a call up as soon as he left.

Strachans a fucking w**k.

6 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

Please NO to AN, I was all for him getting it just after last double header and tbh, he should have instead of giving Mr Flop another 2 games (he not denying his future is on the line: see BBC Sport for the article) in which he will not get wins in.

Alex started off well at Norwich but then hit a very poor run which rightly cost him his job.

Claudio Ranieri/Tommy Docherty and Joe Jordan coaching staff for  me :lol:.

:lol: we all know it will be David Moyes when he's punted at Sunderland. 

Couldn't be any more of a no for Claudio Ranieri.  Of course he did well at Leicester, but international management is just a wee bit different, and he was an unmitigated disaster the last time he had a shot at that.  Like Rode says, it'll likely be David Moyes, which is...meh.  Not the worst option we could have, but it's hardly one to excite, is it?  I'd say he'd build a functional team that was fairly solid, but Sunderland haven't exactly benefited from that.  Alex Neil should put the SFA's number on ignore right now.  He'd be absolutely mental to take the job at this stage of his career.

13 hours ago, Arbroathlegend36-0 said:

Good to see Jordon Rhodes back in squad after his move to SWFC however Steven Fletcher? Not been involved mutch since his red card in mid January and still manages to get a call up. 

Who would you have called up instead?  He's called up the 4 best options we have.

13 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Fletcher will start both games up front on his own and nothing will change

No he won't, Martin will.  

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tommy Wright revealing today that Zander Clark hasn't even been considered for Scotland, despite the fact that, stats wise, hes the best young Scottish keeper in the league this season. Jack Hamilton remains fourth choice.

He also reveals Stevie Mays decision to leave us was influenced by the fact he was virtually told by Strachan he wouldn't be selected while playing for us, highlighted by the fact he got a call up as soon as he left.

Strachans a fucking w**k.

If you think that Zander Clark will ever be good enough for international football then you are off your nut.

Just now, The Grass Is Greener. said:

He's much better than Jack Hamilton, that alone shouldn't be a reason for a call up though.

Fair call but Jack Hamilton is fucking shit. Neither are anywhere near good enough.  I would rather have Craig Gordon in goals until he's 60 if that's the standard below. 

23 hours ago, Grant228 said:

If the likes of Hanley, Wallace and Forrest were to play for Hibs, Aberdeen or Hearts they'd be the best players in the side.

Shinnie, McLean and Mgregor are good Premiership players, nothing more and are not international class, McLean had a game did he not and he was utterly anonymous.

Wallace isn't even the best player in a team 8 points behind aberdeen in the league :lol: 

As for McLean being anonymous he has improved a lot since then. And it's not as if anonymity stops the likes of Fletcher, Martin, Bannan & co. getting chance after chance.

Does Oliver Burke get a game for Leipzig? The boy could be their best player and Strachan still wouldn't play him, never mind start him.

No doubt see the two Fletchers and Scott Brown starting even though they're all finished at international level.

Archived