Scotland squad March

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm all for exploring every avenue in terms of eligibility, but if we really are "begging" players (although that could just be tabloid sensationalism) then we're going too far.  We should be enquiring about everyone who's eligible, but if they initially turn it down at a young age, that's fair enough, their choice, and we move on.  We shouldn't be chasing after players.

Bless 'em.  They're trying.  Certainly tried harder than most of the squad did this campaign.

Plus, although cringey, they managed to do it without mentioning kilts, haggis, the tartan army or anything else tinged with the look of a shortbread tin commercial.

I haven't watched the highlights, once was bad enough. but being at the game i thought it was Anderson's fault for the first goal and there wasn't much Clark could have done about it? He's no future superstar but certainly one of the better young Scottish keepers atm.

I haven't watched the highlights, once was bad enough. but being at the game i thought it was Anderson's fault for the first goal and there wasn't much Clark could have done about it? He's not future superstar but certainly one of the better young Scottish keepers atm.

The second goal was an absolute minter for Clark.

Fact remains he's been solid all season, it's just my luck that he turns in a horror show the week I talk him up. He had a relatively good save in the game anyway.

Guest DAVIDB69

We have been picking from the championship for years now , but we are not at the stage of picking the dregs from the lower reaches and players who are not playing at even at this level.

If strachan loves the championship so much why isn't Jamie Murphy involved or even Ryan Fraser from premier league Bournemouth involved .

These are guys showing form and playing regularly

They would finish 2nd - 4th.   

I think they would finish second easily. I know this doesn't always reflect on the quality of team on the park but Blackburn wage bill last season about 26 million compared to Aberdeens 7 million!!! Nearly 4 times more and players like emnes and Gallagher would do well in the spl...... the reason I made the point in the first place was that a comment was made why would we look at a player who was playing bottom of championship .(Sam Gallagher) was making the point that the bottom of the championship unfortunately has stronger / higher paid players than everyone in spl apart from Celtic!!!

Just now, skippy2015 said:

I think they would finish second easily. I know this doesn't always reflect on the quality of team on the park but Blackburn wage bill last season about 26 million compared to Aberdeens 7 million!!! Nearly 4 times more and players like emnes and Gallagher would do well in the spl...... the reason I made the point in the first place was that a comment was made why would we look at a player who was playing bottom of championship .(Sam Gallagher) was making the point that the bottom of the championship unfortunately has stronger / higher paid players than everyone in spl apart from Celtic!!!

Rangers have higher wages than Aberdeen.   

Many clubs in the Championship have higher wages than Blackburn.   

This really isn't important.  

Blackburn are decent and would be around the level of Hearts, Rangers and Aberdeen from what I've seen.    I don't think I'm talking them up, nor putting them down suggesting this!  

If any championship club wants a player in spl they simply buy them. ( out with celtic ) they can easily afford them and they get a huge wage rise in moving. Seen this with the likes of gregg Stewart and Kane Hemings last season. The point I basically want to make is that Sam Gallagher is easily good enough for the Scotland squad and he's playing at a far higher level against better players on a weekly basis than comparable players in spl.

Look at Callum Patterson tearing spl apart this season until he was injured and was targeted by Cardiff and Birmingham. Although West Ham also linked it was pretty much middle to bottom Championship clubs being linked with him and he's one of the spls best players.

1 hour ago, skippy2015 said:

If any championship club wants a player in spl they simply buy them. ( out with celtic ) they can easily afford them and they get a huge wage rise in moving. Seen this with the likes of gregg Stewart and Kane Hemings last season. The point I basically want to make is that Sam Gallagher is easily good enough for the Scotland squad and he's playing at a far higher level against better players on a weekly basis than comparable players in spl.

You've not made a point.   

Outwith Leigh Griffiths, all our strikers play in the top two leagues in England or the top flight in Germany.   

There are some excellent players ( Barry Bannan for example) and many terrible players stealing a wage in the Championship.   

Judge on the quality of skills and attributes; not on the wage packet.  

Who's this secret Scottish striker I'm missing playing in the top flight in Spain? Lol jack Harper not in Malaga first team plays in the 4th tier currently. My point is clear - Sam Gallagher if he wants to play for Scotland should be in the next squad.

Archived