Scotland squad March

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of interest what's the argument behind this?

Probably that Jack Hamilton is currently our third choice keeper for the squads and he isn't very good or in great form. Whereas Clark is outperforming and is in my opinion going to be a much better goalie. Not that I'm saying he'll ever be international class right enough.

Probably that Jack Hamilton is currently our third choice keeper for the squads and he isn't very good or in great form. Whereas Clark is outperforming and is in my opinion going to be a much better goalie. Not that I'm saying he'll ever be international class right enough.

The post I quoted did talk about Archer, I'll leave it to the saintees to debate Hamilton and Clarke

We have so many players selected in last squad not getting game time or injured  will be interesting to see what the stubborn wee shite selects. His back is against the wall result wise so picking in form players playing regular is the way to go,  the fact he already does not do that is probably the reason his results have been shite

Out of interest what's the argument behind this?

Hes playing more consistently, at a higher level. Archer seems to be playing well in higher profile matches, which has created hype around him, but, outwith a couple of games after he was knocked unconscious, Clark has been arguably the best keeper in Scotland this season. His save v Partick in the Cup was obscene yet didn't get a single mention anywhere, and its the type of save he's done a few times.

He absolutely shits over Hamilton aswell, who only gets considered due to playing for one of Strachans beloved "big teams"

I can't say I've watched Archer very much at all this season, however he seems incredibly well liked by the Millwall fans, how on earth would you rate who is consistently playing better?

Archer seems to be setting himself up for a career in the championship/Premiership, chances are that's a higher level than Clark, based on that alone he's more likely to be a future international keeper in the eyes of future managers.

34 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I can't say I've watched Archer very much at all this season, however he seems incredibly well liked by the Millwall fans, how on earth would you rate who is consistently playing better?

Archer seems to be setting himself up for a career in the championship/Premiership, chances are that's a higher level than Clark, based on that alone he's more likely to be a future international keeper in the eyes of future managers.

Hopefully 1 of them kicks on as our current keepers as good as they have been are at the very end of their time,  Marshall is done and mcgregor maybe 1 or 2 seasons at best left and Gordon is in the same boat, we really in deep shite regarding defence and keepers something we normally used to have in abundance

How much have you seen of Clark?

11 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Just realised I've been reading 'Zander Clark' as 'Zander Diamond' over these last few posts. Hope Strachan doesn't make the same mistake.

I wouldn't put it beyond him.

11 hours ago, Grant228 said:

From what I've seen of the 3 mentioned I wouldn't agree with you. Clark is the best of the 3 IMO then archer don't rate hamilton highly at all.

13 hours ago, Disco30 said:

From what I've seen of the 3 mentioned I wouldn't agree with you. Clark is the best of the 3 IMO then archer don't rate hamilton highly at all.

Nae way Hamilton should be in the squad based on current form.

I haven't seen much of St Johnstone this season, but I haven't been particularly impressed with Clark any time I've seen them. I thought he was poor at a couple of the goals against Celtic recently, and has been similarly unconvincing at other times. He might be great at that level most of the time (I don't know), but I've seen enough to know that there are cracks in his game that would be exposed at a higher level. I've got a similar view on Bain and Hamilton. I haven't seen much of Archer at all. I think it's fair to say that none of them have done enough to be the frontrunner to replace Gordon, Marshall, or McGregor, 

Scott Bain

Jack Hamilton

Zander Clark

Nicky Devlin

Kieran Tierney

Andy Robertson

Conrad Balatoni

Christophe Berra

Russell Martin

Alan Hutton

Daryll Meggatt

Matt Phillips