Scotland squad March

Jordan Archer had another good game for Millwall today against Leicester. Still only 23 I would have him in the squad maybe cap him against Canada as we know what Gordon McGregor and Marshall can do.

I'd start Gordon just to get keep a bit of consistency and hopefully stay solid in the first half. If we're in control at half time it'd be a good idea to bring on archer (or whoever the third keeper is)

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd start Gordon just to get keep a bit of consistency and hopefully stay solid in the first half. If we're in control at half time it'd be a good idea to bring on archer (or whoever the third keeper is)

Probably agree overall Gordon not had to much game time for Scotland last two years. McGregor getting a game now also but would like to see the third choice goalie one for the future rather than say Gordon Marshall and mcgregor.

Marshall 32 in march mcgregor 35 and Gordon 34. There seems to be a bit of a gap with good goalkeepers. Bain 25 is probably the next decent keeper then archer who probably has the most potential at 23. Prob less important with keepers as Marshall could play of next 4 or 5 years and by that time there may be better keepers coming through. Think Gordon Marshall and archer would be my three.

Marshall 32 in march mcgregor 35 and Gordon 34. There seems to be a bit of a gap with good goalkeepers. Bain 25 is probably the next decent keeper then archer who probably has the most potential at 23. Prob less important with keepers as Marshall could play of next 4 or 5 years and by that time there may be better keepers coming through. Think Gordon Marshall and archer would be my three.

Yeah I'd go with that. McGregor can always be recalled if we're short thru injury or whatever

Gordon

Bardsley Berra Mulgrew Tierney

Armstrong McArthur

Ritchie Snodgrass Robertson

Martin

Rest of squad

McGregor, Hamilton, Hanley, R Martin, Kingsley, Philips, McGinn, Cairney, McKay(Forrest), Fraser, Burke, Griffiths(Rhodes), Cummings

Playing time, form wise and experience there's not much better at the moment. Time to get shot of older players where possible and blood young potential.

Wouldn't have a problem with cummings for the canada game, easter road, he would be right up for it.

Just watching Burke the now playing in front of 54,000 in the bundesliga, but the genius strachan didn't want to to play him in  in Slovakia?.

Also agree Archer should get a call up. 

Cummings will never be an international player and quite frankly doesnt deserve to be near a Scotland squad. He can stick the ball in the net at Scottish Championship level but his general all round play is extremely poor along with his attitude, spends half a game strutting about and to be honest only stands out because of his floppy blonde hair which is equally as bad as his footballing ability. Classic example of someone who thinks he is better than he actually is

Jordan Archer had another good game for Millwall today against Leicester. Still only 23 I would have him in the squad maybe cap him against Canada as we know what Gordon McGregor and Marshall can do.

Don't think he's any better than Zander Clark. If there was any keeper getting drafted in, it would have to be him.

I guess it doesn't really matter for 3rd choice keeper, but I wouldn't put Hamilton in the Scotland squad at the moment. Watching him has been exciting for the wrong reasons over the last couple months.

Archived