Football poll

Great idea , not sure what the answer is but it's possible people have more things happening in their lives nowadays or more options than years ago . Would be interesting to see when crowds started dropping off and is it just the smaller clubs that are affected. It seems the two big Glasgow teams still get sell out crowds and with the high cost of attending these games it can't just be about money.

i can remember regular crowds of around 1000 at Stair Park but can't remember how long ago perhaps 10 years ago . Perhaps it's just not as important anymore for a large number of people to follow their local/smaller club, I go as often as possible but I have other hobbies and family events that mean I don't go to every game , at the same time if I've nothing else on I will make a good effort to attend.

2 hours ago, Clayhole Blue said:

Try the 1970s for the last time we had 1000 on a regular basis!

My memory is poor but more recent than that, it was the build up and including a game v Morton that they had to win but the draw( 1-1 ) was enough to see us promoted, that game in particular felt like over 1000. I remember Andy Mc Laren getting absolute pelters and at one point pushed over by a Stranraer fan !! 

2 hours ago, TAFKAC said:

Stranraer had more than 1,000 twice in the last 12 months (Stranraer v Ayr, January 2 2016 and Stranraer v Ayr, May 11 2016 ). Doesn't mean those are "regular crowds".

Why are you picking on every detail of my posts??? Why not stick to the subject , jeezzz!!!!!!

I don't have twitter so I won't be able to contribute. However, I've just been texting my mate literally a monitor mins ago asking if he was going today before I seen this thread.
I was saying to him that I still don't know. I don't actually want to go, I genuinely would rather stay in the house than sit and watch football in the cold.
Half the time I go to watch airdrie it's because of obligation and a sense of guilt if I don't. Not because I enjoy the football.

17 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

I don't have twitter so I won't be able to contribute. However, I've just been texting my mate literally a monitor mins ago asking if he was going today before I seen this thread.
I was saying to him that I still don't know. I don't actually want to go, I genuinely would rather stay in the house than sit and watch football in the cold.
Half the time I go to watch airdrie it's because of obligation and a sense of guilt if I don't. Not because I enjoy the football.

Join the club.

It's literally only that sense of duty that remains.    Barring a few outbreaks of half decent football thats been it since about 2007 for us.

Archived