50 Worst Games of all time - P&B decides

BFTD

Alright, I've started this for everyone to share their memories of the worst games until someone decides they'd like to tally the votes. I'll edit this post accordingly with rules and dates, etc.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Line of Fire for the Atari ST. Skip to 4:00 for the "gameplay". Literally running at 1fps by the end of the video. £25.99 on release  :lol:

I don't play that many games(apart from Fifa and GTA), but L.A Noire is probably the worst game I've played.It wasn't that bad a game(the graphics were decent and I liked some of the characters, f**k knows what they were called though), I think I hated it as I had high expectations before playing it. I just found it boring and repetitive. I realise that it's nowhere near as bad as some of the previous games suggested(graphics wise anyway:lol:), but I found it boring as f**k trying to read the facial expressions of a fucking video character:lol:

Without a doubt, the worst game I ever played was South Park on the PS One. It would make a video game made by contestants on The Apprentice seem quite original, playable and well thought through. As it stands, it played like it was made in a lunch hour by someone who'd only had South Park described to him. Forty quid I paid for that shite.

Without a doubt, the worst game I ever played was South Park on the PS One. It would make a video game made by contestants on The Apprentice seem quite original, playable and well thought through. As it stands, it played like it was made in a lunch hour by someone who'd only had South Park described to him. Forty quid I paid for that shite.

I liked it. Although I was about 8 or 9 and loved everything South Park.

As a child i remember corporation on the mega drive being gash. Pit fighter on the snes. Time lord on the nes. World soccer on the master system

ToeJam and Earl 3.

Disgustingly shit. It makes me sick with fury to think of it. An absolutely smelly mess of a game. Abysmal, made all the worse by the love I have for the first two games.

Sonic 3D. No.

Sonic 3D can f**k off. Truly awful game that took away everything everyone loved about Sonic, making you move slowly around a grid. Special mentions to the 2006 Sonic the Hedgehog for being shite and boring too.
I hated Echo the Dolphin too, never had a clue what was going on at any point.

Superman 64 and Simpsons Wrestling are two of the biggest pieces of shit I've ever had the misfortune on placing into a console.

Aside from those two well known efforts, I could rhyme off a list of utter garbage that most folk probably haven't played:

Wayne's World (SNES)

Home Alone (SNES)

B.O.B (SNES)

Gods (SNES)

Pitfighter (SNES)

Batman Forever (SNES)

Crash Dummies (NES)

To the Earth (NES)

Where's Wally (NES and SNES)

WWF Wrestlemania (NES)

Ghostbusters (NES)

Dragon's Lair (NES)

For Christmas in 1992, my brother and I were given our first ever games console - the utterly fantastic Super Nintendo, with Super Mario World. Mum and Dad not only gave us this joy, but we were also given an extra game each! (Being the younger brother, I was also given the 3rd party controller, but I digress).

As a football fan, I was rewarded with Super Soccer, which was great fun (and played to death until the SNES version of FIFA came along about 2 years later). My brother was more into cars, so was received what was, at the time, the top racing game available for our dream console.

Race Drivin'

What a pile of shite. I don't think either of us ever made to the end of a lap - not due to the difficulty, but entirely due to sheer boredom. It was also a 1-player game. What kind of arsehole designs a car racing game that is 1-player?

Fortunately, my brother's birthday is in January, Maw and Paw saw the error of their ways, and everyone was delighted when he unwrapped Super MarioKart.

5 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Probably easy just to pick to C64 games that were bugged to f**k or just unplayable. Jonah Lomu rugby on the PS1 also stands out as a game that was horrendous.

This is just wrong. Jonah Lomu Rugby was a magnificent game.

Company of Heroes 2 was zero percent of the fun that Company of Heroes was.  I mean even the graphics were shittier. The user interface was a complete clusterfuck and the games were utterly flat and lifeless.

Always baffles me when modders can make better games from an old game than software houses can with a new game.

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

For Christmas in 1992, my brother and I were given our first ever games console - the utterly fantastic Super Nintendo, with Super Mario World. Mum and Dad not only gave us this joy, but we were also given an extra game each! (Being the younger brother, I was also given the 3rd party controller, but I digress).

As a football fan, I was rewarded with Super Soccer, which was great fun (and played to death until the SNES version of FIFA came along about 2 years later). My brother was more into cars, so was received what was, at the time, the top racing game available for our dream console.

Hide contents

Race Drivin'

What a pile of shite. I don't think either of us ever made to the end of a lap - not due to the difficulty, but entirely due to sheer boredom. It was also a 1-player game. What kind of arsehole designs a car racing game that is 1-player?

Fortunately, my brother's birthday is in January, Maw and Paw saw the error of their ways, and everyone was delighted when he unwrapped Super MarioKart.

Belter. I remember renting that out from Blockbuster with my pocket money one Saturday and taking it back a day early. It was painful.

Archived